cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BAF] Boot Assist Flash Question

medhedibasly
Contributor III

Hello,

i'm having trouble with booting up my application in MCU MPC5748G, with the help of WinIdea and the IC5000 debugger ifound out that my code get stuck at address 0x404100, when i go to that address in flash there is no code there to be executed. and according to reference manual, i found out that that part of memory is one time programmable... how could this be possible, because i did a FLASH mass erase and i think that i erased that part of memory... can anyone explain more on that subject. pastedImage_1.png

My problem is that once i download my application which is mapped at address 0xFE0000, the application do not run when i press the run button on winidea and i get the CPU status [HALTED].

3 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

So you erased BAF code.

BAF area is OTP only on latest samples.

It wasn't OTP before, so user could program his own BAF (like aerospace projects). But we decided to lock it on latest sample as users often erased this BAF area.

If you have more samples, then just take fresh sample, dump BAF flash block and load it to failing sample.

If not, then let me know which device cut are you using and I can sent it to you.

Peter

medhedibasly
Contributor III

Hello peter,

Thank you for your reply, i have found the BAF program file on NXP community from another user question and i used it to recover my sample.

Best regards,

Hedi 

新股老菜
Contributor II

Hello peter,

The Same trouble in MCU MPC5746R,Could you help me?

0 Kudos