Altium Importable Allegro Files for DEVKIT-MPC5748G (.alg format)

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Altium Importable Allegro Files for DEVKIT-MPC5748G (.alg format)

367 次查看
tomsawarynski
Contributor II

Looking for the ASCII version of the Allegro files for DEVKIT-MPC5748G import into Altium.  The only way (that I know of) to convert into Altium files is with the ASCII (.alg) Allegro files, which are created in Allegro (using Cadence's extracta.exe utility).

Looking through the available design files, there doesn't seem to be a format that is easily imported into Altium.

TIA for any assistance.

标记 (2)
0 项奖励
回复
4 回复数

327 次查看
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I was talking to our designers and unfortunately we are not familiar with Altium.

They best would be to ask Altium for possible ways of their SW supporting Allegro.

Best regards,

Peter

0 项奖励
回复

302 次查看
tomsawarynski
Contributor II

Hello Peter-

Thanks for your response.  I'm not asking for NXP to natively support Altium nor be familiar with Altium.

I'm asking for NXP to save / export your existing Allegro design as an ASCII (.alg) format using Cadence's extracta.exe utility.

This format can be imported into Altium.  Here's some info.

EXPORTING to .ALG file? - Allegro X PCB Editor - PCB Design & IC Packaging (Allegro X) - Cadence Com...

I have seen in the NXP forums where NXP has been able to provide this for other designs, hence my question.

Thank you!

Tom

0 项奖励
回复

298 次查看
tomsawarynski
Contributor II
Also info here from Altium. Both sources of info require that the Allegro user / files perform the conversion.

https://www.altium.com/documentation/knowledge-base/altium-designer/import-allegro-files-to-altium
0 项奖励
回复

259 次查看
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I was talking with our designer:

We cant do it for you as tool exporting *.alg is part of Altium package, not Allegro. So it can be done only on PC where are installed both - Altium and Allegro.

Best regards,

Peter

0 项奖励
回复