SDK example ble_thread_router_wireless_uart generates build error: region m_text overflowed with text and data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK example ble_thread_router_wireless_uart generates build error: region m_text overflowed with text and data

aurelioschellen
Contributor I

Hello,

i'm new to NXP. I want to try out the ble_thread_router_wireless_uart demo appilcation which i downloaded with the SDK i've builded using the MCUXpresso SDK Builder, name of the .zip-file:  NXP_SDK_2.2_FRDM-KW41Z. I executed the steps discribed in the "Kinetis Thread Stack Demo Applications User's Guide" PDF contained in the .zip-file to deploy the application with MCUXpresso IDE. When i'm building the example, i get the following output in the CDT Build Console:

Memory region  Used Size  Region Size  %age Used
TEXT_region1:  192 B 1 KB  18.75%
m_flash_config_region: 16 B 16 B  100.00%
TEXT_region2:  453659 B 455662 B   99.56%
NVM_region:  65535 B  65535 B  100.00%
DATA1_region:  0 GB 32 KB   0.00%
DATA2_region:  77976 B  96 KB  79.32%
/usr/local/mcuxpressoide-10.0.2_411/ide/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region m_text overflowed with text and data
PRODUCT_INFO_region: 0 GB 2047 B 0.00%
/usr/local/mcuxpressoide-10.0.2_411/ide/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: section .NVM loaded at [0006f800,0007f7fe] overlaps section .data loaded at [0006f02c,00070377]
makefile:79: die Regel für Ziel „frdmkw41z_BLE_Thread_DualModewireless_examples_hybrid_ble_thread_router_wireless_uart_freertos.axf“ scheiterte
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [frdmkw41z_BLE_Thread_DualModewireless_examples_hybrid_ble_thread_router_wireless_uart_freertos.axf] Fehler 1

I didn't change anything in the code or other files. Others with this problems hve posted their *.ld file in which the memory map is described, so here is mine:

/* Specify the memory areas */
MEMORY
{

TEXT_region1 (RX) : ORIGIN = m_text_start, LENGTH = (m_flash_config_start - m_text_start)
m_flash_config_region (RX) : ORIGIN = m_flash_config_start, LENGTH = (m_flash_config_end - m_flash_config_start)
TEXT_region2 (RX) : ORIGIN = m_flash_config_end + 1, LENGTH = (m_text_end - m_flash_config_end - 1)

NVM_region (RW) : ORIGIN = NV_STORAGE_END_ADDRESS_C, LENGTH = (NV_STORAGE_START_ADDRESS_C - NV_STORAGE_END_ADDRESS_C)
DATA1_region (RW) : ORIGIN = m_data1_start, LENGTH = (m_data1_end - m_data1_start + 1)
DATA2_region (RW) : ORIGIN = m_data2_start, LENGTH = (__region_RAM2_end__ - __region_RAM2_start__ + 1)
PRODUCT_INFO_region (RX) : ORIGIN = m_fsl_prodInfo_start, LENGTH = (m_fsl_prodInfo_end - m_fsl_prodInfo_start)
}

I dind't change anything in the file, so the values used here are still default.

I'm using the FRDM-KW41Z Development Kit with the MCUXpresso IDE.

I'm thankfull for your answers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

How did you import the project? I compiled it with no errors. 

compilation.PNG

Could you please give me more details on how are you working with the example? 

Best regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

hoang_ai_viet
Contributor I

Hi,

i have compile all the code for two boards without any error, but when I used my phone to connect to the board with thread shell function, it doesn't show any boards. What should I do now?

Best regards,

Viet

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which phone OS are you using? and how are you trying to run the example? Could you please give me more details about it ? 

REgards, 
Estephania 

0 Kudos

hoang_ai_viet
Contributor I

Hi,

I used Ios12. After I flashed two boards with the program in the tutorial, I used NXP Toolbox on my Phone, used Thread Shell , scan for devices, but there is no device to connect. Even I turn on and off Bluetooth many times. I used this Toolbox for example mit KW36Z with Heart rate and it works fine.

Best regards,

Viet

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

If we try to focus on the board with the hybrid example, are you debugging it ? Or do you just run it? Just to verify if you try it on an Android device do you have the same behavior? 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos