Documentation of SDK components: drivers, middleware, abstraction layer, software components

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation of SDK components: drivers, middleware, abstraction layer, software components

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hi, 

I know that SDK documentation can be found online at

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/apidoc

However, I'm unable to find documenation on every component that is offered by the SDK.

The "New project" wizard offers an abundance of components to import from the SDK, partitioned into sections Drivers, CMSIS Drivers, Utilities, Middleware, Abstraction Layer and Software Components.

Utilities

Components - UtilitiesComponents - Utilities

Abstraction Layer

Components - Abstraction LayerComponents - Abstraction Layer

Software Components

Components - Software ComponentsComponents - Software Components

For most components on the "Drivers" tab I found a matching entry in SDK documentation using the "search" bar. For components from other tabs, the documentation is scarce to none.

For example, what is the difference between "debug_console" and "debug_console_light". Where's the documentation on "serial_manager_spi"? Why isn't the doxygen code that is embedded in "flexcom_spi_adapter.c" not included in the SDK documentation? Are these files related to "flexcom_spi_adapter" component? Where is the "button", "led", "lists", ... documentation? If the documentation is not in the SDK documentation, where is it?

Thanks.

8 Replies

patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hi,

Any news on where we can download the Abstraction Layer and Software components documentation?

BR,

Patricio

JK_265
Contributor II

OK,  I think I figured this out with help of an FAE.   Use the ONLINE version of the SDK builder (https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome) to generate an SDK specific to your board.  Once the build is complete,  You should see a screen like this:

JK_265_0-1645210499747.png

Click the "Download SDK Documentation", and it will present you with a zip file.  Inside that zip file will be the documentation that you want.

0 Kudos

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hi @JK_265 ,

Thank you for your comment.

SDK API documentation is available onlineJust select your NXP processors here:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/apidoc

What you downloaded contains more information (e.g. PDFs) but regarding the SDK API, I think that's all there is or did you spot any difference to what you downloaded from SDK Builder? 

Best regards,
Daniel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

JK_265
Contributor II

At first I thought I had additional details in the downloaded version, but now I am not so sure.

I think I just had more documents in one place and in a format that I liked better.

I still have questions about the SDK management.  I'd really like to see a 1-2 day course offering where people could sit down with an NXP guru and basically configure the system based on the part/functionality desired.  I feel like I am spending time doing trial and error instead of writing application code.

JK_265
Contributor II

I would also like this information.

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you very much for your feedback, I reported this issue to the SDK team.

mmalagon
Contributor II

I also have this question. There is no documentation for these modules. Is anyone from NXP able to please help on this?

michael_myers
Contributor I

Add me to the list. I need bare-metal details, not top-down UIs with intervening magic.