Bug/Issue report XCVR/MKW41Z4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug/Issue report XCVR/MKW41Z4

rdewaele
Contributor I

While working with the FRDM-KW41Z board, I noticed the following bugs / issues / curiosities with the XCVR driver code. All files are part of the folder middleware/wireless/framework_5.3.4/XCVR. MCUXpresso SDK was built as follows:

Build Date: 2018-02-21, Board: FRDM-KW41Z

Components: 802.15.4 MAC

SDK Version: KSDK 2.2.0 (2018-01-19)

1. In fsl_xcvr_common_config.c, lines 478-479, the same member is initialised twice.

.recycle_count_init_26mhz = B3(0) | B2(0x1C + ADD_FOR_26MHZ) | B1(0x06) | B0(0x66 + ADD_FOR_26MHZ),
    .recycle_count_init_26mhz = B3(0) | B2(0x1C) | B1(0x06) | B0(0x66),

I suspect this is a copy/paste error, but can not be sure nothing else is amiss. If we just look at the structure declaration, it seems that these lines should be:

.recycle_count_init_26mhz = B3(0) | B2(0x1C + ADD_FOR_26MHZ) | B1(0x06) | B0(0x66 + ADD_FOR_26MHZ),
    .recycle_count_init_32mhz = B3(0) | B2(0x1C) | B1(0x06) | B0(0x66),

2. In fsl_xcvr_trim.c, function void DC_Measure_short(IQ_t chan, DAC_SWEEP_STEP2_t dcoc_init_val) (lines 289-325), there seems to be some unused debug code.
    The loop is hardcoded to run only once ("iterations = 1") and the sum_ variables are only used as shown in the snippet below.

int8_t i;

const int8_t iterations = 1;

sum_dc_meas_i = 0;

sum_dc_meas_q = 0;
    for (i = 0; i < iterations; i++) {
      rx_dc_sample_average(&dc_meas_i, &dc_meas_q);
      sum_dc_meas_i = sum_dc_meas_i + dc_meas_i;
      sum_dc_meas_q = sum_dc_meas_q + dc_meas_q;
    }
    sum_dc_meas_i = sum_dc_meas_i / iterations;
    sum_dc_meas_q = sum_dc_meas_q / iterations;

3. In fsl_xcvr_gfsk_bt_0p3_h_0p5_config.c, lines 157-165:

#if RADIO_IS_GEN_2P0
    XCVR_RX_DIG_AGC_CTRL_2_TZA_PDET_SEL_HI(7) |
    XCVR_RX_DIG_AGC_CTRL_2_AGC_FAST_EXPIRE(5),
    #else
    XCVR_RX_DIG_AGC_CTRL_2_TZA_PDET_SEL_HI(5) |
    XCVR_RX_DIG_AGC_CTRL_2_AGC_FAST_EXPIRE(16),
    #endif
    XCVR_RX_DIG_AGC_CTRL_2_AGC_FAST_EXPIRE(5),
    .agc_ctrl_2_init_32mhz = XCVR_RX_DIG_AGC_CTRL_2_BBA_GAIN_SETTLE_TIME(12) |

The penultimate line in the snippet above causes the field .agc_ctrl_2_init_32mhz to be initialised twice. I suspect this is a copy/paste error and that the line should be removed.
  4. In fsl_xcvr_gfsk_bt_0p7_h_0p5_config.c, lines 80-86:

/* XCVR_RX_DIG configs */
    .rx_dig_ctrl_init_26mhz = XCVR_RX_DIG_RX_DIG_CTRL_RX_FSK_ZB_SEL(0) | /* Depends on protocol */
        XCVR_RX_DIG_RX_DIG_CTRL_RX_DC_RESID_EN(1), /* Depends on protocol */
        XCVR_RX_DIG_RX_DIG_CTRL_RX_SRC_RATE(0),

.rx_dig_ctrl_init_32mhz = XCVR_RX_DIG_RX_DIG_CTRL_RX_FSK_ZB_SEL(0) | /* Depends on protocol */

The line containing XCVR_RX_DIG_RX_DIG_CTRL_RX_SRC_RATE(0), causes the field .rx_dig_ctrl_init_32mhz to be initialised twice. I am not sure what the original intent was of the code here, but when cross-referencing other configuration files, it seems that actually the line above, XCVR_RX_DIG_RX_DIG_CTRL_RX_DC_RESID_EN(1), /* Depends on protocol */, erroneously ends in a comma and should have been OR-ed instead:

/* XCVR_RX_DIG configs */
    .rx_dig_ctrl_init_26mhz = XCVR_RX_DIG_RX_DIG_CTRL_RX_FSK_ZB_SEL(0) | /* Depends on protocol */
        XCVR_RX_DIG_RX_DIG_CTRL_RX_DC_RESID_EN(1) | /* Depends on protocol */
        XCVR_RX_DIG_RX_DIG_CTRL_RX_SRC_RATE(0),

.rx_dig_ctrl_init_32mhz = XCVR_RX_DIG_RX_DIG_CTRL_RX_FSK_ZB_SEL(0) | /* Depends on protocol */

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies