mcuxpresso cant remove breakpoints

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcuxpresso cant remove breakpoints

rory78
Contributor III

opened up MCUXpresso on Mac for the first time in 2 or 3 weeks.  Now can't remove breakpoints. why?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rory,

Could you please try disabling the breakpoints as shown below:

pastedImage_1.png

Restart your IDE and let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards,

Sabina

rory78
Contributor III

hi Sabina - thanks for the help.  I thought at first this solved the problem.  However, now upon reopening mcuxpresso another time, i cannot enable breakpoints without a warning appearing, and the debug button is greyed out....

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rory,

Could you select your project and right click then select "Clean Project"

Next Scroll down to the quick settings at the bottom left corner. Is the blue debug button enabled?

Let me know your results.

Sabina

0 Kudos

rory78
Contributor III

hi Sabina - 

I have done this and can now enter a debug session.  However now, when debugging, all my breakpoints i make have the same warning as before, "breakpoint installation failed: unmatched quote"... They also now don't do anything again.

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rory,

Could you please try loading a different project. Does the problem happen the same?

If so, could you please share the project that you are working with and the microcontroller you are using so that I may attempt to reproduce the same behavior from my end.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

rory78
Contributor III

another problem i am having is that when i try to make new breakpoints, it comes up with a warning saying "breakpoint installation failed: unmatched quote"  .  again, why?

0 Kudos