We want to download MCUXpressoIDE, but have to review the License Agreement first. Can someone provide a copy or link, please?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to download MCUXpressoIDE, but have to review the License Agreement first. Can someone provide a copy or link, please?

lisadaniels
Contributor I

The software has to be approved internally before we can download and install.  I cannot find a License agreement on the site or in the community.  Can someone provide a copy or a link for the EULA, please?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MCUXpresso IDE EULA can actually be accessed from the download site (via https://www.nxp.com/mcuxpresso/ide/download). It is displayed before you reach the stage of downloading the actual installers - thus you can copy and paste it from that web page for review before agreeing and downloading the installer.

EULA_webpage.jpg

Contrary to my colleague's previous post - the MCUXpresso IDE EULA is not based on the old LPCXpresso IDE one, but is rather a new general NXP tools EULA.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, at this time I can only offer a link to the LPCXpresso IDE EULA which has been superseded by the MCUXpresso IDE.

http://www.nxp.com/files-static/License_Agreement/LA-LPCXPRESSO.pdf

Except for the product name, the MCUXpresso EULA verbiage is close to this, but I can't guarantee it. I'm sure you'll understand the NXP Legal Department would frown if I were to cut and paste the MCUXpresso IDE EULA from an installation dialog. Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MCUXpresso IDE EULA provides links to partner EULA's, but I cannot find a public link to it. If you download the installer, it's the second dialog. You have to agree to the EULA before the install proceeds. From this dialog, you're free to copy and paste the EULA text for your legal department to review.

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lisadaniels
Contributor I

I thank you for your recommendation; however, we are on a DFARS restricted network and cannot even begin the installation steps without the approval/rights. Is there no way to get a screenshot of the EULA or something similar without starting the installation process. It seems a little strange that there is no way to see the EULA before downloading or purchasing the software; our company cannot be the only one with installation restrictions.

0 Kudos