cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1172 SDK component refresh error

huangkenny
Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm using RT1172, somehow when I tried to upgrade the SDK, I cannot refresh the SDK component.

The following message will show:

NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKComponentsHandler.setupOperation(SDKComponentsHandler.java:226)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKComponentsHandler.access$2(SDKComponentsHandler.java:199)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKComponentsHandler$1.execute(SDKComponentsHandler.java:298)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.lambda$0(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2292)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2317)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:131)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:436)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:352)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:469)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:229)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:985)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKComponentsHandler.addComponent(SDKComponentsHandler.java:332)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.ui.handlers.RefreshComponentsHandler.handleResult(RefreshComponentsHandler.java:133)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.ui.handlers.RefreshComponentsHandler.refreshComponents(RefreshComponentsHandler.java:116)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.ui.handlers.RefreshComponentsHandler.execute(RefreshComponentsHandler.java:37)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:283)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:97)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor169.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:58)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:319)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:253)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:173)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:156)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:488)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:487)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:213)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:438)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(AbstractContributionItem.java:449)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.lambda$2(AbstractContributionItem.java:475)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4213)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1037)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4030)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3630)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1158)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1047)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:658)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:557)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:154)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:150)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)

Environment:

MCUXpresso IDE v11.3.1 [Build 5262] [2021-04-02]

SDK 2.9.1

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @huangkenny,

Can you let me know which SDK version are you actually using and the one your trying to upgrade? I tried this using the 2.9.1 version and updating to the 2.9.2 without problems. 

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

huangkenny
Contributor II

Hi Alexis Andalon,

Thanks for reply. 

I'm using SDK_2.x_MIMXRT1172xxxxx. 2.9.1(455 2021-03-11)

After some test, actually it seems not a issue with SDK itself but the project. I suspect it may related to my project's setting, somehow my project cannot use SDK Management tool.

Would it possible to look from the error message I post that maybe some setting is wrong or somewhere in .cproject is corrupt that cannot meets with SDK management tool?

Kenny 

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @huangkenny,

From the error I couldn't see what could be the reason of this behavior. Could you let me know the configurations changed in your project so I could replicate this issue?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

huangkenny
Contributor II

Hi Alexis Andalon,

I have tried to create a new project then move all my files to there, and now it works.

The issue may be related to my manual modification of the cproejct file, but it's quite hard to trace.

Anyway, there's no problem on my side to refresh the SDK.

Thanks,

Kenny