Memory address tool tip error.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory address tool tip error.

jaldridge
Contributor II

In the memory window there is a tool tip showing the address pointed to by the cursor, as shown here with the cursor pointing to the "D9" character in the long word 2020B6D9 starting at address 0x20000000.

pastedImage_1.png

Unfortunately the address shown does not account for endian. In this example, character D9 is actually at address 0x20000000.

System: iMXRT1020 EVK with on board OpenSDA debug and gdb.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jaldridge
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that this is only a problem with wider data types and that the tip works fine with a cell size of 1. It's a bit trivial, but I thought it might be possible to correct the issue. I'm happy to consider the discussion closed whether or not you chose to modify the behavior.

Thanks again

John

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

this behaviour is 'standard Eclipse', so part of Eclipse CDT (Eclipse CDT | The Eclipse Foundation ), I have to check with it with the Photon release.

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The 'traditional' rending shows the address with the base address plus the offset (in the post-rendered position). I think this is by design that way in the traditional rendering in Ecliopse. I agree that this might be confusing. I'm using the Hex rendering or I set the cell size to 1 to see the address.

pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos