MCUX11.0.0 Heap and Stack empty for C++ proj w/SDMMC Stack?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUX11.0.0 Heap and Stack empty for C++ proj w/SDMMC Stack?

jackking
Senior Contributor I

When I create a new C++ project (or import an old one) in MCUXpresso 11.0.0 with the SDMMC middleware component , the new Heap and Stack view is always empty.

Is there something that needs to be changed to get this view working with SDMMC?SDMMC.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The new "Heap and Stack Usage" view is aimed at baremetal (non-RTOS) applications.

From your screenshot, it appears that you are probably creating a FreeRTOS based application - can you confirm?

When debugging such an application, this will cause the "Heap and Stack Usage" view to be disabled. [ We are looking at making what has happened in such cases more obvious in a future release.]

If you are generating a FreeRTOS based app, then instead please take a look at the "FreeRTOS TAD" views that are available via the "FreeRTOS" menu of the IDE (and described in the IDE's FreeRTOS Debug Guide).

Regards,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

jackking
Senior Contributor I

Yes, it is FreeRTOS based.  Isn't the FreeRTOS heap a subset of the overall heap?

The behaviour doesn't seem to depend on have FreeRTOS libraries included...  it changes with SDMMC

Here is the Heap and Stack when SDMMC is not added and then added, the only change is adding or removing the middleware:

without_sSDMMC.jpg

without_SDMMC.jpg

0 Kudos