cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local SDK part support

marcellocampani
Contributor II

Hello

I'm using MCUXpresso IDE v10.3.0 [Build 2200] [2018-12-03].

I added the local SDK part support to my project in order to share it without the need for the sdk.

The Project part support appears in the project explorer windows but not in the installed sdk window as described in the user manual and it doesn't work.

Thanks to everibody in advance.

Regards

Marcello

Tags (1)
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marcello,

To follow on from Alice's reply... I understand you are describing problems creating project local part support, before sharing your project with a colleague.

This feature should work without problems, so my best guess is that: you are not seeing the project local part support because you still have the SDK installed on your system.

Full installed SDKs will be used in preference to project local versions.

I would suggest that you try one of the following:

1 - share your project and see if the recipient can use it as expected, or

2 - delete your SDK and refresh your part support and see if the project local version appears (highlighted below are the refresh button and a local working path).

pastedImage_1.png

If this continues to fail please let us know what SDK you are using - a screen shot as above would be helpful. Also, please check the error log (search error in the Quick Access to enable the view) to see if any relevant error is reported.

Yours,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

marcellocampani
Contributor II

Thank you for you fast reply

I deleted the sdk and now it works correctly.

Before asking support I tried simply unchecking the sdk, thinking that it was like uninstalling it.

Sincerely

Marcello

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Marcello Campani ,

Have you drag the SDK package from download location into the Installed SDKs view ?

Please refer to "5.4 Obtaining and Installing an SDK" of MCUXpresso IDE User Guide.

pastedImage_8.png

If still have problem, could you please take a video or screenshots show your steps.

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos