LPCXpresso54S018M SDRAM initialization script for debugging?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso54S018M SDRAM initialization script for debugging?

john_c_kennedy
Contributor I

I need to be able to debug code running in SDRAM.  I built and linked the code for SDRAM, but the debug configuration needs to initialize the SDRAM before loading the code into it.  I looked in the MCUXpresso <install dir>/ide/binaries/Scripts but can't find a script to use to initialize the SDRAM on the board so I can debug in SDRAM?  Is there a script available that someone could point me to?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please refer this AN "SDRAM Code Execution in LPC5460x". It's also for LPC54018

https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN12423.pdf

Hope this helps.

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

john_c_kennedy
Contributor I

Thanks but AN12423 doesn't have an SDRAM initialization script for debugging in SDRAM using the MCUXpresso IDE.  Surley this is a common request from developers using either the LPC54S018M-EVK or the LPC54S018-EVK boards?  It's hard to beleive that NXP doesn't have an SDRAM initialization script for debugging software from SDRAM on these boards since they were made for development?

John

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No, we don't have such a script.

The boot ROM  facilitates loading images into on-chip SRAM and provides from external memory (internal serial flash, Nor Flash, spi norflash, etc). this is done in boot rom already. 

For more, see LPC54S018M UM.

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

john_c_kennedy
Contributor I

See this:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Blogs/Overview-of-using-the-MIMXRT1050-EVK-B-with-MCUXpresso-IDE/ba-p/1...

This is the same thing I would like to do except with the LPC54S018-EVK or LPC54S018M-EVK.  It seems if this is possible with the MIMXRT1050-EVK it should be possible with the LPC54S018(M)-EVK?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

NO. we don't have same script for LPC54S018(M)-EVK

0 Kudos