Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPEG Encoding

Jump to solution
nanjun
Contributor III

Hello,

I would like to evaluate the efficiency of JPEG encoding the data coming from camera input running on SW with i.MX RT1064 EVK board.

However, there is only SD JPEG Demo that decodes the JPEG pictures from SD card, which is provided by mcuxpresso IDE.

Is there any sample running on mcuxpresso IDE to evaluate the JPEG encoding process? Or both Encoding and Decoding share same effiency, is it enough to run the available SD JPEG Demo for decoding?

I also see "Developing a Camera Application with i.MX RT Series", however, it is only supported by IAR Embedded Workbench IDE for kind of license.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi nanjun,

No, there isn't other example project from jpeg encode/decode evaluation. But the libjpeg support encode, decode and transcode. 

The application notes is to show customer how to make full use of chip function. It is not belong to SDK. It only has IAR project. You can migrate it to MCUXpresso IDE.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi nanjun,

No, there isn't other example project from jpeg encode/decode evaluation. But the libjpeg support encode, decode and transcode. 

The application notes is to show customer how to make full use of chip function. It is not belong to SDK. It only has IAR project. You can migrate it to MCUXpresso IDE.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
nanjun
Contributor III

Hello Jing,

thanks for your reply.

I will work further based on this existing Project.

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos