cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in debug envirement

Jump to solution
e_v_spronsen
Contributor III

I have a very annoying issue. When I (re)start the debug environment.

If I have this line in the expression window:

CAN2->MB[5].CS

I got this error message:

pastedImage_1.png

It basically stops working. I have to power cycle the device, remove this line form the expression window And restart the debugger and that is really frustrating when you try to figure out why the canbus still doesn't work.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ernst,

This is because the FlexCAN module is not initialized at that time. The register in FlexCAN is not readable.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ernst van Spronsen 

Please add your chip part number, thus we can have the right support for your issue. Thanks

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
e_v_spronsen
Contributor III

RT1060

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ernst,

This is because the FlexCAN module is not initialized at that time. The register in FlexCAN is not readable.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
e_v_spronsen
Contributor III

Jing,

I understand, but throwing a fatal exception and terminate the program  is really annoying and not necessary.

So every time I have to remove the parameters for debug. Start the program rewrite the parameters and remove them again when I'm terminate or restart the session.  When I forgot to remove the parameter on time. The program terminate and I have to restart over again. That is not really a workable situation.

Some error handling should be nice.

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ernst,

Yes, this is a bit boring. But read unaccessable address will cause hardfault. To avoid this problem, you can right click CAN2->MB[5].CS in Expressions window and select "disable". 

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos