Interpreting Peripherals+ data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpreting Peripherals+ data

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with the peripheral view in MCUX?  This is what I get when I check the PDB peripheral in the Peripherals+ view:

pastedImage_1.png

CodeWarrior's equivalent tool always did a pretty good job of decoding peripheral registers and displaying meaningful values.  I'm not sure how much of this in MCUX is unfinished, broken, or just weird.

In the screenshot above, you can see that a number of single-bit fields have values of 0x2, including LDOK.  LDOK's actual value is in fact 0.  If it was in the 2's position or if a 0 represented '2' for some parameter that would make sense, but neither of those is true.

PDB0-CH0S:ERR is the field I was looking for, and it says "Wrong field format".

What gives?  Are these definitions editable?  If so, where can I find them?  Are enumerated values supported?  CodeWarrior has them but so far I haven't encountered any in MCUX.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MCUXpresso IDE uses the SVD ( System View Description ) format description file of the peripherals supplied inside the SDK package to generate its Peripherals registers view. Unfortunately the SVD files for some MCUs contain better descriptions than others. [In fact in your case, the "Value_" strings you see are actually enumerations - just not very helpful ones.]

With regards to the other issues you mention here, as Alice has already said, it would be useful to confirm what version of the IDE you are using (as there were various fixes included in MCUXpresso IDE v10.2). But it would also be useful to confirm which debug probe is being used (as there as some differences in the implementations of the peripherals register view for LinkServer vs P&E/SEGGER).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I'm running v10.2.0.  The 1-bit values look OK with an LPC-Link2 - it's with the P&E Cyclone that they're wrong.

Is there an easy way to update those descriptions myself without them getting overwritten by later updates?  I don't mind doing it myself if I need to, I just don't want to have to keep maintaining my own mods across upgrades.  I'm happy to contribute improved description files back to NXP, for that matter.

Scott

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello SCOTT MILLER,

Thanks for your sharing , to investigate the issure, could you please tell me the version of MCUXpresso IDE.

I test on MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0 (with MK21FN1M0Axxx12), it works well :

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos