Having trouble loading SDK into MCUXpresso

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble loading SDK into MCUXpresso

felixheimes
Contributor II

I am trying to add FRDM KW24 SDK to newly installed MCUExpresso IDE.  When I drag that zip file (FRDM-KW24.zip) over the applicaiton I get a circle with a line in it and it does not import the SDK.

4 Replies

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Felix,

I'm glad you were able to load the SDK. Please keep in mind that the KW2xD is enabled on MCUXpresso but the Connectivity Framework is only supported on KDS and IAR. You can see this note in the "Additional Links" comment from the MCUXpresso Builder (also seen in image from Zhang). It also provides you with the link to download the Kinetis MKW2xD and MCR20A Connectivity Software.

mcuxAdditionalLinks.png

This Kinetis KW2xD Connectivity software is available in the FRDM-KW2xD website (Software&Tools section):

KW2xD Connectivity Software.png

As an additional comment, the KW41 does support the connectivity stacks (smac, mac, thread, zigbee, ble, GenFSK) on MCUXpresso IDE.

kw41.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Felix,

first please check if you download the correct SDK 2.2 for MCUXpresso

pastedImage_1.png

If the package is correct, there should be no problem import SDK to MCUXpresso. See attached video.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

felixheimes
Contributor II

I started MCUxpresso again and dragged the zip file that I had downloaded the other day and now it worked.  I did not re-download it or change anything. 

I had also tried it on a second PC.  I had the same issue on the second PC previsouly.  It also worked on the second PC today.

Strange...

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK. please try again.

Jennie.

0 Kudos