Getting an imported Zephyr-project debugged using JLink Interface Debug launch

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an imported Zephyr-project debugged using JLink Interface Debug launch

rjm
Contributor IV

According to NXP's Build Your First Zephyr Application on i.MX RT, it is well possible to debug an application that is built using west build. However, the proposed configuration is based on the GDB SEGGER JLINK Interface Debug, which requires the specification of a SVD-file - which has been found on the local drive but does not populate the peripherals+ view (see https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-IDE/How-to-configure-Debug-of-K64F-Zephyr-project-in-Eclipse...). 

The main objective of this posting is to get JLink Interface working since this is the default interface for MCUXpresso projects in the case that a Segger firmware has been activied in the onboard debug hardware. I did flash the Segger firmware a) because the i.MX RT-example supposes its usage and b) because it does not work with the standard DAPlink firmware.

I tried the following:

• Duplicate the debug configuration of a native MCUXpresso example project
  • fill in appropriate paths for e.g. GDB debugger, since a plain arm-none-eabi-gdb does not work, because the imported project is not associated with a C/C++ Build entry, containing definitions of CWD, PATH and PWD.
  • Debugger Tab Executable path: /usr/bin/JLinkGDBServerCLExe; GDB Client necessarily with full path (/usr/local/mcuxpressoide-11.5.1_7266/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.linux_11.5.1.202201181444/tools/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb)

Upon debug session launch I get the following "Problem Occured" window content:

Error in final launch sequence:

Error executing step execute method: stepExecuteExtendedSteps
Error executing step execute method: stepExecuteExtendedSteps
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Any hints are appreciated, or even a Kinetis resp. updated version of the i.MX RT pdf...

Final remark:The 11.5.0 release document contains a hint regarding the SVD file, but the entry in project properties roject Properties -> Run/Debug Settings -> MCU Settings does not exist, because it was an imported project (according to the pdf).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosGarabito
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, you need to check the permision and the roules

0 Kudos