Error when changing SDK root

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when changing SDK root

massimomartelli
Contributor I

the first impression with the tool is really positive, thank you.

I have a problem with the SDK install folder. I want to move it for "my Documents" to my second hdd, because my C disk is getting full. I changed the SDK search root in SDK Options inside the IDE, but as soon as I add a new folder, remove the default folder c:\users\<>\mcuxpresso\SDKPackages and click "apply" I get a "null pointer" java error. After some more attempts I don't get the error anymore, but the original folder is there each time I restart the IDE. And right click on "default location" always takes me to the SDK folder that I want to delete.

I have a windows 7 pc.

I cannot also drag and drop an SDK inside the "installed SDK" view. I must right click on import.

best regards

Massimo 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

bryancole-b4682
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Massimo,

There are a few methods to install an SDK into the IDE.

1.)  Drag/drop an SDK into the Installed SDKs view. This will create a copy of the SDK package at a default location c:\users\<>\mcuxpresso\SDKPackages. If you right-click in the installed SDKs view, and select Open Default Location, this folder will be opened in windows explorer.

2.) Store SDK(s) in a folder on your file system. Point the IDE to the folder containing the SDKs by adding the path to the SDK root list in the IDE Windows>Preferences>MCUXpesso IDE>SDK options. SDKs can be added/removed directly from the folder. If you select an SDK package in the installed SDKs view, right-click, and select Open Location, the folder containing the selected SDK will be opened. To use option 2, it is not necessary to delete the <>\mcuxpresso\SDKPackages folder. 

0 Kudos

jschoen
Contributor III

Bryan,

Is it possible to change the Default Location for the installed SDK Packages?

0 Kudos

bryancole-b4682
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It appears that the default location can not be changed, but I will confirm this.

As noted above, SDKs can be stored in other paths on the drive. 

0 Kudos

bryancole-b4682
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I did confirm that the default location is fixed. 

Regards,

Bryan

0 Kudos