cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse search problem

EnricoLusa
Contributor I

Greetings,

me and my colleagues are incurring in an error of the native search plugin for eclipse that seems to have been signaled and resolved in the new iteration.

Specifically, the error is, when searching using "File Search" with "*" as "File name patterns", we get "'File Search' has encountered a problem." - "NullPointerException":

EnricoLusa_0-1661154711630.png

This appears to be the same issue as:

577897 – 202-12 -> 4.22: File Search: NullPointerException (eclipse.org)

related to the search plugin version 3.14.0, which is the one present in MCUExpresso 11.6.0:

EnricoLusa_1-1661154815107.png

Could it be possible to update the version of this plugin to 3.14.1 manually?

Is there a way to flag this for the next versions of MCUExpresso?

Thanks,

Enrico Lusa

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI EnricoLusa 

I tested MCUXpresso IDE v10.5 with IDE menu "Search",  with "*" as "File name patterns". I didn't see this error on my side.

Is there any misunderstanding? Please provide me more information with screenshots on how to reproduce your issue.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

EnricoLusa
Contributor I

Yes sorry I should have explained that it only happens when certain project files are corrupted. It is not clear from the bug report which ones are responsable, and it looks that it corrupts the entire workspace when it happens, even if you transfer the project.

Unfortunately I cannot upload our project, I will try to see if I can replicate it with a public example.

0 Kudos