cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader Project for MKL16/26

abhishekvishwak
Contributor II

Hi Guys, 

I am starting a new bootloader project for the MKL16Z128xxx4 chip from the reading so far from the community. I have found that in order to have the MCU KBOOTv2 bootloader for the MCU I have to choose the closest to the one available in MCU Xpresso IDE the latest one which I have found to be MKL28Z.

The most similar would be MKL25Z but I think no bootloader project is present for the latest MCU Xpresso IDE. I would different examples in the community pointing to MKL25Z but they are leading to references to links that are not existent now. 

The first question should I follow the same Chapter 10 steps in Bootloader Reference Manual and make appropriate changes to the files or there are new changes involved for MCU expresso ( after the inclusion of the mcu-boot example in the MCUxpresso).

Or If anybody has a bootloader project of even MKL26 or MKL25Z running in MCUXpresso it would be great to have an example or pointer to start it. 

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Abhishek,

Yes, since there isn't KL16/KL26 bootloader source project, you have to porting KL28/KL25 source code. Please follow the chapter 10 in kboot2.0 reference manual.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos