cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record the LPC1778 microcontroller from NXP using the SWD

rubensjunior
Contributor IV

Hi NXP Community,

I need the documentation on how to record the LPC1778 microcontroller from NXP using the SWD so that I can develop my own debugger (for dowloaded the firmware in the boards). Can you help me please? Note: the SWD documentation itself I already have, but not the NXP yet.

Thanks a lot!

Rubens Júnior.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Rubens Junior 

I am not sure if I understand your questions.

What IDE and debugger do you use? what Debug probe do you use? 

or you want to develop a debug probe like LPC-Link2? NXP only has LPC-LINK2 debug probe now, its source code is not opensource.

Have a nice day

Jun Zhang 

rubensjunior
Contributor IV

Hi ZhangJennie‌, 

Thank you very much for your return! I am developing a device that will have its own intelligence, that is, it will have firmware. To develop this equipment I am using the IDE MCUXpresso 10.3.1, and the debugger LPC - Link2. I made some prototype PCI (printed circuit board) to validate the product and to record the firmware on these cards I am using the LPC - Link2 debbuger itself, together with the MCUXpresso IDE. From now on I will produce PCIs on a larger scale, and in order to record the firmware on these new PCIs I need to develop my own recorder, which is capable of recording the firmware via the SWD interface. I remember that my cards use the  LPC1778  processor. Then I need de SWD NXP documentation, examples, application notes or others help.

Thanks a lot! Best regards!

Rubens Júnior

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

So, you are trying to write your own SWD programmer?

Suggest you read this

https://community.nxp.com/thread/419888 

It is not the same device, but the principle is exactly the same.

rubensjunior
Contributor IV

Hi converse Obrigado

I will check the content you have indicated to me.

Best regards,

Rubens Júnior

0 Kudos