How to configure Flash Configuration setting from program to protect/un-protect the FRDM-K82F Board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Flash Configuration setting from program to protect/un-protect the FRDM-K82F Board?

mdisharat
Contributor I

Hi,

I recently purchased the FRDM-K82F Board.

I downloaded all software from the official website along with the drivers and make the necessary setup in Windows 10 PC.

My config. is as follows:

PC Config : Windows 10 x64

IDE : MCUXpresso IDE v10.3.0_2200

SDK : SDK_2.5.0_FRDM-K82F

Debugger : J-LINK SWD Debugger (without any external Hardware)

Now, I want to use the board for debug/edit cycle for multiple times.

I found there is a flash configuration field setting. If the board is getting locked then I can not use the same board for multiple times. So, please anybody provides the location of field configuration setting in sample example project files.

I found many files that contain the flash configuration field related definitions in FRDM-K82F project folder files.

files are as follows:

\device\MK82F25615.h
here search for FTFA_FSEC_SEC(x)

\drivers\fsl_ftfx_adapter.h
here search for FTFA_FSEC_SEC

\startup\startup_mk82f25615.c
here search for Flash_Config = {0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFF3DFE};

My aim is to modify security related register bits to unprotect device (FRDM-K82F).

Which file/files can be helpful to modify the security-related bits. Is it listed here or I need to find another file. Please specify here. 

Waiting for the reply ASAP.

Thanks in advanced.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi isharat mahmood,

Modify the value of Flash_Config can be used to unprotect device (FRDM-K82F).

Flash_Config.png

Flash Configuration Field Description.png

FTFA_FSEC = 0xFE
The default value of Flash_Config is unsecure and Mass erase enabled.

FTFA_FSEC.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos