Error with LPCOpen: Unable to locate toolchain table control

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with LPCOpen: Unable to locate toolchain table control

richardpayne
Contributor II

I wish to create new project using MCUExpresso with LPC1549 development board so I followed the procedure in

IDE 

and it generated this error, see attached.

I'm using, The MCUExpresso is MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0 [Build 759] [2018-05-15] (will upgrade to 10.3 later).

However I clicked OK and carry on, the code compiles without error, I have not yet tested the board (let hope it work okay). I wish to note, the Next tab did not turn on correctly during the procedure, please try it out. 

How much longer you supports LPCOpen? are you giving up old LPC range? since it no longer part of MCUExpresso.

Anything I should be concerned about for future of old range LPC15xx, LPC17xx, etc.

Capture.PNG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

aaronlara
Contributor I

Luca, Great news! We have a fix for this issue in DevStyle and it will be available in our next release. Please check back in Your forum post, I wrote some instructions for you (and for others with the same issue) to get the fix if you don't want to wayt for the next release.

Thanks again!

Aaron Lara

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That error message is not one I can ever recall seeing previously.

And we certainly would not expect to see any issues creating projects for those MCUs whose part support is built directly into MCUXpresso IDE (i.e. such LPC MCUs are still fully supported in the latest MCUXpresso IDE, and there are no plans to drop this support).

If you are continuing to have problems, could you please detail the exact steps necessary to provoke the problem and also zip up and attached the .log file that can be found in the .metadata directory within your workspace folder for us to look at.

Please also confirm the exact host OS that is being used to run the IDE?

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

lmatte
Contributor II

Here it is the same sequence done as in video from ZhangJennie, for an LPC1549 board, same bad result as with LPC1769

2019.03.19 MCUXpresso IDE 1549.PNG

0 Kudos

lmatte
Contributor II

I confirm it's an issue with MCUXpresso IDE version 10.3.1 (latest, as of today), not showing on version 10.2.0 (the one tested by ZhangJennie above); I installed 10.2.0 on two different systems (including the one where I removed a 10.3.1) and the error doesn't appear anymore.

Note that I didn't test versions in between, so I don't know when/where it starts happening.

0 Kudos

lmatte
Contributor II

Sorry to detail more in a sparse way, but I have some news for this case.

The problem can arise again, even with version 10.2.0, if you happen to install DevStyle/Mylyn extensions -- as I did in the examples above, to have the Darkest Dark theme.

Without these additions there's no error, so something has to be incompatible...

0 Kudos

lmatte
Contributor II

Same error here, as shown below.

I just created a new clean workspace, chosen "New Project", selected the LPCXpresso1769 board, all the projects from the supplied SDK

"C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.3.1_2233\ide\Examples\LPCOpen\lpcopen_2_10_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769.zip"

Gone forward adding nothing else, and here's the result.

I've attached the ".log" file, as asked to OP

2019.03.19 MCUXpresso IDE.PNG

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Richard,

I tested LPCOpen under MCUXpresso IDE 10.2.0. There is no error. See attached video.

I suggest you create test it again with creating a NEW workspace.

You may also try reinstall MCUXpresso IDE in case this is a system issue.

Besides, please also check if your lpcopen package is for LPCxpresso. lpcopen can't work normal if you selected wrong tool chain.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos