DAPLink CMSIS-DAP Linux probe for USB-KW38

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAPLink CMSIS-DAP Linux probe for USB-KW38

RadarDan
Contributor II

I plugged in my USB-KW38 (while pressing the reset button) into my Linux PC and had these kernel messages:

usb 2-4: new full-speed USB device number 17 using xhci_hcd
usb 2-4: New USB device found, idVendor=0d28, idProduct=0204, bcdDevice=10.00
usb 2-4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 2-4: Product: DAPLink CMSIS-DAP
usb 2-4: Manufacturer: ARM
usb 2-4: SerialNumber: 0000000041504e450033100f6341003b00009e1997969904
usb-storage 2-4:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
scsi host5: usb-storage 2-4:1.0
scsi 5:0:0:0: Direct-Access     MBED     VFS              0.1  PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
sd 5:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg3 type 0
sd 5:0:0:0: [sdc] 16512 512-byte logical blocks: (8.45 MB/8.06 MiB)
sd 5:0:0:0: [sdc] Write Protect is off
sd 5:0:0:0: [sdc] Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
sd 5:0:0:0: [sdc] No Caching mode page found
sd 5:0:0:0: [sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through
sd 5:0:0:0: [sdc] Attached SCSI removable disk

I have "SEGGER J-Link tools" installed, initially Version V7.58e (2021-12-07) and the version that came with MCUXpresso, Version V7.54b

When trying to download to the device (from Linux), clicking on "Debug" yielded:

RadarDan_0-1638933060016.png

How do I proceed?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

RadarDan
Contributor II

I included the kernel messages indicating the board is a "DAPLink CMSIS-DAP"  and also the screenshot indicating MCUXpresso  can't find it (reread the original post).

So why is it the kernel can find the device but MCUXpresso can't?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It is most likely that the issue is related to the drivers installed for the device or the used version for the CMSIS-DAP. Please help checking those two elements and try re-installing the drivers in your computer. Please also make sure that you changed form the sniffer software that is loaded by default as if the device contains this example loaded it will not be recognizable for the IDE.

Have a nice day

0 Kudos

RadarDan
Contributor II

That'd be a helpful solution if you provided information on how to install CMSIS-DAP hardware support with MCUXpresso.

I figured out I needed to buy the Segger J-Link programmer in order to use the J-Link connector on the board.  Why is it NXP doesn't make that clear?

When I downloaded the CMSIS-DAP from the repo, it was looking for ARMCC, which I looked for in the MCUXpresso directory, but have no ability to discern ARMM from GCC.  Why is it NXP doesn't provide a guide or documentation to tell us how to install CMSIS-DAP on Linux with MCUXpresso?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please help us check the following steps in order to use the USB - KW38? You can find the setup needed to use it as an sniffer or as an development board.

Regards

0 Kudos

RadarDan
Contributor II

Of course I've already tried that.  I see no evidence that you @estephania_mart read or tried to understand the issue.

I suppose some people believe a lame response is better than none, but no, not really.  It's more a kabuki theater, ignores the thought and time I've spent on trying to figure this out, the time I spent documenting the issue too.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I apologize for the inconveniences , there is no certain way we can know that the user knows all the different documentation available and we always try to check first what they have done. Could you please provide more details on what you are trying to do ?

I see in the description that you plugged in your USB but there is no specific question or process on what you are trying to achieve. Could you please provide more details? If you are trying to use it as a development kit , could you please help me with the version of Open SDA you loaded into the USB ? Or which processes have you followed by now? Did you flashed something previously ?Which are the drivers that you installed ? Could you please also help me with the process you followed to install them?

Regards

0 Kudos