cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start pins config tool for a FRDM-KL26Z project

Jump to solution
Niall
Contributor II

I get the following error when I try to open the ConfigTools pins tool in MCUXpresso. I am using MCUXpresso v10.3.1 and SDK v2.2.0 for the FRDM-KL26Z. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niall,

both workspaces report problem with permissions:

```

java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v5\ksdk2_0_info.xml

and

java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v5\components\ksdk2_0\flexcan_ba45456ec815807245205237e2bf425b\flexcan.component

```

The fact that one does not complain is that the data for K64F are bundled with the application out of the box.

Please delete/rename C:\ProgramData\NXP folder and restart the IDE. The folder will be re-created (with proper permissions) and data downloaded from the web.

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Niall
Contributor II

Hi Libor,

That fix worked.

Thank you,

Niall

0 Kudos
Niall
Contributor II

Hi Libor,

Thanks for the reply. I have attached the log files for 2 workspaces on the same computer. One workspace contains a bare-metal project generated for the FRDM-KL26Z board. The second workspace contains a bare-metal project generated for the FRDM-K64F board. 

The FRDM-KL26Z workspace generates the error when I try to use the Pins config tool. This project is using the FRDM-KL26Z SDK V2.2.0.

The FRDM-K64F workspace has no issues with using the Pins config tool. This project uses the FRDM-K64F SDK V2.5.0.

It does not seem to be a proxy issue or a folder permissions issue as both workspaces are on the same PC.

Regards,

Niall

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niall,

both workspaces report problem with permissions:

```

java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v5\ksdk2_0_info.xml

and

java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v5\components\ksdk2_0\flexcan_ba45456ec815807245205237e2bf425b\flexcan.component

```

The fact that one does not complain is that the data for K64F are bundled with the application out of the box.

Please delete/rename C:\ProgramData\NXP folder and restart the IDE. The folder will be re-created (with proper permissions) and data downloaded from the web.

Regards,

Libor

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nial,

Pins Tool v5.0 does support MKL26Z128xxx4 processor. Could you please attach <ide_workspace>/.metadata/.log file here on the community? Sometimes it is problem with proxy settings on the computer or wrong permissions c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v5 folder used for the data. Are you behind a proxy?

BTW you are using older tool (IDE and Config Tools), you might consider to upgrade to MCUXpresso IDE v11 if you do not have special reason for sticking with v10.3.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos