cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPI2C and LPSPI Support Missing?

Jump to solution
aron_mueller
Contributor II

I'm setting up a project with a IMXRT2021. After configuring the pins, I tried to configure the peripherals. Some (e.g. ADC1) work fine, but whenever I click on LPI2C1 or LPSPI1 I get a java.lang.NullPointerException and no code is created for these peripherals.

pastedImage_1.png

Does anyone else have the same problem? I know that FLEXSPI is not supported by v6 but LPI2C and LPSPI were listed.

Thanks,

Aron

Labels (1)
1 Solution
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aron,

I have looked to your MDK project and it seems the problem is related to empty include path - such configuration is not typical and it is not handler in Config Tools properly. We'll fix this for next update.

As a workaround, specify include path in MDK.

Regards,

Marek

Regards,
Marek

View solution in original post

11 Replies
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aron,

I have looked to your MDK project and it seems the problem is related to empty include path - such configuration is not typical and it is not handler in Config Tools properly. We'll fix this for next update.

As a workaround, specify include path in MDK.

Regards,

Marek

Regards,
Marek
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aron,

Config Tools were updated and the issue was fixed. You can download 6.0.1 update.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aron,

thank you for reporting this issue. Could you please send the configuration you use (the MEX file). I'm not able to reproduce this issue (assuming you actually use i.MX RT1021 processor).

Thank you,

Lukas

0 Kudos
aron_mueller
Contributor II

Hi Lukas,

Yes, it is a RT1021 indeed (sorry for that typo). I've attached the MEX file.

Best regards,

Aron

0 Kudos
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aron,

unfortunately I'm still not able to reproduce it on my side. I may need a bit more details. I understand you use MCUXpresso Config Tools v6, not MCUXpresso IDE, right? Can you please attach also tools .log file from c:\Users\<user>\.nxp\nxp_conf_workspace_v6.0\.metadata\.log? Also, when you are adding LPCI2C component, in the "Select component" pop-up do you select version 2.1.3 or 2.1.5? 

Thank you,

Lukas

0 Kudos
aron_mueller
Contributor II

Hi Lukas,

As a matter of fact, I cannot select the component. There is no pop-up:

pastedImage_1.png

Only if I click on the "+" sign of "Other", I will see a pop-up (with no paripherals available in this case).

I attached the LOG.

Best regards,

Aron

0 Kudos
nxf31690
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aron,

I have analysed the provided log file. What toolchain project do you use? I am not able to reproduce it either (in completely standalone config tools).

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
aron_mueller
Contributor II

Hi Tomas,

That's very strange. Well perhaps I will have to start over with a clean project too. I'm using the generated code in MDK-ARM (Keil uVision). Or what did you mean by "toolchain project"?

And for what it is worth, I've attached the version info provided by MCUXpresso.

Best regards,

Aron

0 Kudos
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aron,

can you send content of the root folder of your project? We need MDK project files to analyze the issue. We do not need any source code.

It seems the problem is, when Config Tools is trying to open project file and find, what SDK components are used in the project.

Thank you

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos
aron_mueller
Contributor II

Hi Marek,

I've attached the root folder.

Just for testing, I created a new MCUXpresso project that is not attached to the toolchain and set up the peripherals before the pins. There I have no problem. In the worst case, I could use that new project. But how would I attach a toolchain now?

Best regards,

Aron

0 Kudos
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aron,

In MCUXpresso IDE it is easier. The Config Tools are directly integrated in the IDE and take SDK components used in the project directly from API.

You can also used Config Tools separated from the MDK project. Just save MEX file outside MDK project root and it will work similar. There will be limitation that the Config Tools will not have any information about SDK components used in the project, so will not advise what's recommended for you configuration.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos