cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new configuration for processor

jturner
Contributor I

Hello,

I am having great difficulties creating a new configuration for my uC. 

When I go to new - > Create new configuration for processor, board or kit, originally, I was selecting the processor config I need, which is the MK22FN1M0Axxx12.

However; upon clicking Finish, I get this error message:

"Disk operation error. Check disk space and write permissions for the data folder:

C:\ProgramData\Application Data\NXP\mcu_data_v4.1"

I've checked this folder's permissions, and I have plenty of disk space (101GB free). Also, having admin rights to the computer / use Run As Administrator option, same error message.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (potentially the root cause)

and I am running MCUXpresso Config Tools 4.1

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

jturner
Contributor I

Thank you Marek for the reply..

Unfortunately, even after removing the NXP\mcu_data_v4.1 folder, the application still presents the same error message. I was not able to go directly to C:\ProgramData\Application Data\  (in order to remove the NXP folder)

In addition, I tried removing the tool via add/remove programs, and reinstalling the application. Same problem.

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it is sufficient to go to C:\ProgramData\ and there

a) delete the whole NXP folder  (which also might have incorrect security settings - not only mcu_data_v4.1 folder) - you have to re-start the application again.

b) or click right mouse on the folder, select Properties, dialog will appear. Go to "Security" tab and make sure the group "Users" has write permission.

If you tried the a) , is that folder "mcu_data_v4.1"

1. re-created yes/no ?

2. writable by the tool yes/no ?

Note: running the tool as an Administrator is a last resort which might help, but from that time it is needed to run it everytime as an Admin, otherwise the files/folders will not be writable when running as regular user.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

jturner
Contributor I

Libor,

I've removed /ProgramData/NXP from the system, and rebooted my machine after removing the folder

Still, haven't had any luck getting it to work.

I am an administrator on my local machine. I (should) have read/write rights to the folder inherently. However

I also tried the following:

1) Deleting the /ProgramData/NXP folder

2) Running MCUXpresso Config Tools v4.1 as an administrator (Right Click Shortcut -> run as administrator).

Similarly, I get the same error as the original post.

I'll try to have my co-worker install the tool on his PC to see if he can get the software to function properly.

0 Kudos

jturner
Contributor I

OK, I had my co-worker try to install MCUXpresso Config Tools on his computer as well, he is also getting the same error message. He essentially has the same setup as I do (local admin rights)

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it is strange that some files/folders are created and then it is complaining. Could you please ZIP the content of the folder and upload here so I we see if some files are missing and which. I have a tip that it could be caused by antivirus - could you disable the antivirus before the tool downloads the data? The data contains javascript files, they might be blocked (just guessing).

Could you please also attach log file located here? c:\Users\<yourusername>\.nxp\swtools.log

Thank you,

Libor

0 Kudos

jturner
Contributor I

Libor,

Please see the attached.

Ill try disabling the anti virus software to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hello,

it helped, it seems that some process (?Antivirus?) is holding the temporary directory which can't be cleaned.

Please do these steps:

1) close the tool

2) make a backup of c:\nxp\MCUX_CFG_v4_1\bin\plugins\com.nxp.kex.standalone_1.0.0.201805101316.jar

3) replace file from point 2) with the attached file

4) start the tool, try to create new configuration

Please let me know if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jahmai Turner,

if you delete the folder and restart the tool, is the folder re-created?

Can you try to create the folder manually - using another application - e.g. Windows Explorer?

Config Tools uses standard access to the file on the disk.

I'm using Win10 64bit too, and on my computer, path is "c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v4.1"

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

jturner
Contributor I

Hi Marek,

To answer your question about deleting the ProgramData/mcu_data_v4.1 folder, yes, the program appears to recreate the folder, if deleted. It looks like it also places several folders and an xml document inside of the folder as well.

I've also tried to recreate the folder and I gave myself "Full Control" through the Security Tab of the mcu_data_v4.1 folder.

Still getting the same error. Additionally I am administrator to the local PC.

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jahmai Turner,

sometimes there is a problem with access rights to the data folder. Please remove folder from your disk and restart the tool. The tool will re-create folder and the problem should be fixed.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos