Clock diagram problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock diagram problem

Goderfer
Contributor I

I have a problem with the clock diagram. As you can see in the screenshot, nothing is readable.
I've check with SDK examples and it's always the same thing.
Anybody know how to fix this?

2020-12-11 23_13_58-.png

0 Kudos
17 Replies

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As the issue is related to text written in the particular extra font we are using, could you please check if there is the following font file on the disk:

c:\nxp\{MCUXpressoIDE_version}\mcu_data\resources\fonts\RobotoCondensed\RobotoCondensed-Regular.ttf

The {MCUXpressoIDE_version}  will be probably MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.1_4149.

If yes, double-click on the font file to see the font dialog, if it shows the correct sample sentence.

regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos

Goderfer
Contributor I

It's written "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. 1234567890"

0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you, that's correct. So the problem is somewhere else and unfortunately, we haven't encountered such issue yet. Could you try to re-install the IDE ? Or could you try it on another PC with the same OS an language ?

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos

Goderfer
Contributor I

Hi, 
I've installed it on my old laptop which has W8 installed and the same language parameter.
everything is fine, the clock diagram is ok.

Seems like the problem come from my PC. I might consider doing a fresh instal of windows.

There's a non english character in my W10 username (Sébastien), I already had some problem with other software that could'nt read the "é".

Could this be my problem?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think this should be the problem of your system. If you can, please refresh your windows and try again.

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Goderfer,

could you please attach here the <ide_workspace>/.metadata/.log file to see if there are messages related to your problem?

Thank you,

Libor

0 Kudos

Goderfer
Contributor I

Here it is

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Goderfer,

it seems my reply is lost, once again - I did not see any clue in the log file unfortunately, I saw the tool used French localization.

Could you please try to run IDE with English right from the beginning?

mcuxpressoide.exe -nl en

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

Goderfer
Contributor I

I've tried to open the program using the command prompt and adding -nl en at the end, without sucess (still the same)
I unistaled MCUXpresso and reinstaled with my computer set to english without sucess.

Do i actually need to write -nl en somewhere else?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Normally we can add it here.

ZhangJennie_0-1609749349209.png

0 Kudos

Goderfer
Contributor I

It still the same

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @Goderfer ,

I have seen similar things in the past caused by graphic card drivers. Can check if you have the latest and greatest installed? Check if you can disable some accelerators to see if this helps?

Erich

0 Kudos

Goderfer
Contributor I

I installed the latest Nvidia driver yesterday, still the same.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Goderfer

Please let us know your chip part number thus we can assign right engineer to process our issue.

Please also specify what means "nothing is readable"? what item do you expect to read?

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @ZhangJennie ,

>>Please also specify what means "nothing is readable"? what item do you expect to read?

Have a look at the screenshot posted: all the text/labels in the clock diagram are not written correctly:

ErichS_0-1607928411036.png

I don't think it has anything to do with the device/part used. My thinking it could be a problem with the graphic card/graphic driver?

Erich

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes Erich, it's possible.

I myself never had this problem. 

Damaged install files may also cause error. Sometimes reinstall with the latest IDE version and test a new project in a new work space can also help to check the issue.

0 Kudos

Goderfer
Contributor I

I'm currently using the latest IDE version, I can still try to unistall everything and restart from ground.

0 Kudos