Alt-Space Should Open System Menu

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alt-Space Should Open System Menu

fingew
Contributor II

It is standard Windows behavior for the Alt-Space keyboard combination to open the System Menu.  Could someone please implement this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

fingew
Contributor II

@EdwinHz 

Thank you for your rapid response.

I reopened the Config Tools to check, and at first I thought you were correct, because Alt-Space was working correctly.  I then opened my .mex project, and immediately the shortcut stopped working.  I suspect it is getting absorbed by the active sub-window (such as 'Pins').

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi again @fingew,

I was able to replicate the issue on my side. The problem seems to happen only when the Overview sub-window is active and a configuration is loaded. If a configuration hasn't been loaded, or if this window is inactive, closed or detached, the alt + space keyboard shortcut works normally.

I believe this is a bug. I will communicate this issue to the Config Tools team so it can get fixed.

Thank you for reporting it.

BR,

Edwin.

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @fingew,

Alt + Space is a windows keyboard shortcut, not an MCUXpresso implemented one. That said, Alt + Space definitely opens System Menu on MCUXpresso, at least if you are running it on a windows machine. If this isn’t the case, it might be a windows update related issue or a keyboard rebind of some sorts.

BR,

Edwin.

0 Kudos