utasker Serial Loader problem - HTTP server only sends octet-stream null character file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

utasker Serial Loader problem - HTTP server only sends octet-stream null character file

884 Views
phantom
Contributor I

I have the utasker Serial Loader working with serial and MSD and have problems when I add Ethernet to the mix.  Using either Chrome or Firefox when I connect to the server's IP address I only receive an octet-stream file with all Null characters. It's running on my own PCB which is based on the FRDM-MK64 board. Other Ethernet server demo apps from NXP work properly. Is it missing an index.html file? And after attempting to connect to the server the serial loader locks up and requires a hard reset.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

829 Views
mjbcswitzerland
Specialist V

Hi James

Please modify the following 2 lines in http.c from

#elif defined ACTIVE_FILE_SYSTEM

to

#elif defined ACTIVE_FILE_SYSTEM || defined SUPPORT_INTERNAL_HTML_FILES

Lines 838 and 1884

The serial loader doesn't use a file system but instead has a fixed page in code that is served on any address. Unfortunately the two locations which are responsible for inserting the content were not active due to the ACTIVE_FILE_SYSTEM not being enabled, whereby this was an incorrect modification that didn't respect the serial loader's setting.

The result was that the data content was all zeros and hence the octet-stream file instead of the expected web page content.

I wouldn't expect this to cause a hang though.

The expected web page on the FRDM-K64F is

pastedImage_6.png

Should you see a strange character before "FRDM-K64F" or in the password windows make the following modification in config.h:
Change
#define WEB_PARSER_START          '£'   // this symbol is used in Web pages to instruct parsing to begin
to
#define WEB_PARSER_START          '^'   // this symbol is used in Web pages to instruct parsing to begin

and replace all occurrences of £ in the FILE_404_CONTENT string with ^ instead.

Recently I have found that some editors are replacing the £ in strings with what looks like a unicode character of two bytes and the first is then visible when the place-holder is replaced with the generated content (like the board's name). Avoiding the use of £ and using a different symbol solves it.

Good luck

Regards

Mark

[uTasker project developer for Kinetis and i.MX RT]