Update the Software Content Register for KBOOT v2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update the Software Content Register for KBOOT v2

kevinlfw
Contributor III

In the next update/release, can the "SW_Content_Register_Kinetis_Bootloader.txt" be updated?  The file paths for the packages found in said file are nonexistent, so trying to track down which packages I'm actually using isn't intuitive.  This is important when trying to determine what open source license I need to adhere to. Namely these packages: 

Host tools - devsupport

KinetisUpdater.exe - Async Commands support

KinetisUpdater.exe - Behaviors support

printk

Lastly, could you tell me what the "elf.py" file is used for/with?  I didn't see it being used in the KinetisFlashTool or bootloader.eww projects.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kevin Luty,

The software packages you listed above are not existent in KBOOT v2.0, that's why the paths are missing in the text file. Or maybe I misunderstood your request?

About elf.py, this is an elf file reader python script which is invoked by the flashloader_loader project. The flashloader_loader is used to recreate the one-time loader firmware that comes pre-programmed from factory in some Kinetis devices (see the table in the KBOOT_page).

Best Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

kevinlfw
Contributor III

Jorge_Gonzalez‌ I understand those tools/paths/etc. are not existent, but they show up KBOOT v2.0 documentation.  Since they don't exist, remove them and add things that may have been added.  Also, KinetisFlashTool is new in KBOOT v2 however there are no references to it in the SW_Content_Register_Kinetis_Bootloader.txt project--is this correct?

0 Kudos