MSD that is working in RAM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSD that is working in RAM

sgandhavalla
Contributor I

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
After going through your introduction, I'm still a bit confused about your application.
In Step 1 and 3, it seems that you want to create the Host MSD USB demo, however in Step 2, 'carry the software to the MSD' is inconsistent with my above understanding. So I was wondering if you can clarify the MSD demo again.
Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

sgandhavalla
Contributor I

Hi,

First of all thanks for the reply.

actually I am using 1060_host_MSD_fatfs_bm2 and after that I want to do modification in that host_msd_fatfs_bm2 code,  the modification want to be in way like when i connect USB Key then Device want recognise the valid file present in the USB Key and i want to write that file to RAM.  later once I was wrote into the RAM, then using flexspi_nor_polling transfer I want to write that file into the External Flash.

I had attached my idea how to proceed for this process in the below image attachments. please let me know what the better way approach for this application.

Right now I want to do modification in the code of 1060_ host_msd_fatfs_bm, the modification in the code want to be like this --> when I connect USB Key, the Device want to recognise USB Key and it want to copy the Valid File which is present in the USB into the Fixed Buffer in RAM.  At this movement i cant able to understand were I want to do modification in this code. please let me know in part of code i need to do and if possible provided with any example.

In later part RAM want to write that File into the External Flash.  I hope now I given clarity regarding your confusion about my application. please let me if i miss something to explain, I will be available provide that information. i will wait for your kind reply.

I am really appreciating your help, Thanks.

Have a great day.

Regards, 

NAGA

unnamed.pngunnamed (1).png

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your clarification.
In my experience, the most complicated part of your application is modifying the host_msd_fatfs_bm demo to fit for your application.
The host_msd_fatfs_bm demo can recognize a U-disk device, and you can learn more information about this demo by reviewing the attachment.
I was wondering if you can introduce the USB Key device, for instance, USB class, descriptors, etc.
In my opinion, it's similar to U-disk, if yes, it may needn't do something modification about the host_msd_fatfs_bm demo to recognize the USB Key device.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos