Flashloader: Steps to getting CAN enabled?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashloader: Steps to getting CAN enabled?

p_shep
Contributor IV

Hello,

Our setup would be programming a user application to an RT1064 over CAN-FD. Initially I was figuring that we'd have to entirely write our own, but then I saw that NXP already had the code for a bootloader, and that it supported CAN. Wonderful!

But after reading about CAN being an option for programming an application with Flashloader... it would seem it's not. (use to be?)

Anyway, in order to get it working, it looks like I'd need to to do the following steps:

- Add a new interface to g_peripherals for CAN-FD

- Add a PCAN driver to sdphost blhost?

Would that cover it? Would that allow the continued use of the other tools (mfgtools etc)?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

p_shep
Contributor IV

So buspal, which blhost connects to over serial, is supposed to run on another MCU? And that's supposed to do the translations from serial to i2c/SPI/CAN?

Could I add the P-CAN interface directly to blhost?

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @p_shep,

That's right, this software is used to translate the commands send by the blhost to the CAN format. If you want to directly communicate another device with the flashloader, you would need to follow to check the command structure in the following link.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

p_shep
Contributor IV

Looks like a package blfwk is missing from the sdphost code...

But the blhost code is available from here:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuboot-mcu-...

0 Kudos