flex-builder for buildroot can be safely used ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flex-builder for buildroot can be safely used ?

Filippo
Contributor III

Hi all,
I'm trying to build buildroot with flexbuild_lsdk1812_update_010719.
The sequence is :
source ./setup.env

flex-builder -i mkrfs -r buildroot:tiny -a arm64

Step 1 : The build fails at restool ( the very first package in the file post-build.sh ) with :
Build restool  [Done]
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/fil/flexbuild_lsdk1812_update_010719/packages/apps'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/fil/flexbuild_lsdk1812_update_010719'
cp: cannot stat '/home/fil/flexbuild_lsdk1812_update_010719/build/apps/components_arm64/usr/local/bin/restool': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/home/fil/flexbuild_lsdk1812_update_010719/build/apps/components_arm64/usr/local/bin/ls-*': No such file or directory
Makefile:692: recipe for target 'target-finalize' failed

I can't find the build/apps/components_arm64/ directory but I find build/apps/components_LS_arm64.
The file post-build.sh tells : DESTDIR=$FBDIR/build/apps/components_$DESTARCH , and $DESTARCH is arm64.
I have modified this line with DESTDIR=$FBDIR/build/apps/components_LS_$DESTARCH, and restool compiles fine.

Step 2,  qbman_userspace .

This is the log:

Building QBMAN_USERSPACE ...
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/fil/flexbuild_lsdk1812_update_010719/packages/apps/qbman_userspace'
mkdir -p lib_aarch64_static
ar rcs lib_aarch64_static/libqbman.a  driver/qbman_debug.o  driver/qbman_portal.o
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/fil/flexbuild_lsdk1812_update_010719/packages/apps/qbman_userspace'
cp: cannot create regular file '/home/fil/flexbuild_lsdk1812_update_010719/build/apps/components_LS_arm64/usr/local/lib/': Not a directory

apps/components_LS_arm64/usr/local/lib doesn't exists, only bin and include.
Looking at post-build.sh I see an interesting thing:
    # setip qbman
    if [ ! -f  $DESTDIR/usr/local/bin/qbman_test ]; then
        flex-builder -c qbman_userspace
    fi
    cp $DESTDIR/usr/local/bin/qbman_test ${TARGET_DIR}/usr/bin
    cp $DESTDIR/usr/local/lib/libqbman.a ${TARGET_DIR}/lib
So, if qbman_test doesn't exists please build qbman_userspace... but I have no qbman_test package anywhere in packages/apps ... ok, build qbman_userspace each time I call it, it's quick enough ...
I have patched again commenting out the line that tells cp $DESTDIR/usr/local/bin/qbman_test ${TARGET_DIR}/usr/bin and creating build/apps/components_LS_arm64/usr/local/lib and now qbman_userspace compiles fine.

I've not yet tested the build on my ( custom ) system, but the question remains : can I safely build buildroot with flex-builder? Or it's better to use ubuntu or something else ?

Regards

Filippo

Labels (1)
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

LSDK1812 is supposed to support buildroot fs, but it has bug. They've created patches (attached) and I've tried them, buildroot can be successfully built.
Copy these files to /flexbuild_lsdk1812 folder and use the following commands to apply these patches:

1. source setup.env
  2. patch -p1 < 0001-buildroot-update-fmlib-and-fmc.patch
  3. patch -p1 < 0002-Update-buildroot-and-builder-to-support-both-i.MX-an.patch
  4. flex-builder -i mkrfs -r buildroot:tiny -a arm64

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------