Request for LS1012A ASK release note

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for LS1012A ASK release note

scottstratmoen
Contributor I

With respect to the following passage from the LS1012ARDB quick start guide, I would like to request access to the ASK release note. I'm in Chicago where the NXP local office in Hoffman Estates simply put does not answer their phone, nor do they return voice mail. Thus I cannot contact a local representative.

That said my company has an executed NDA with NXP (#65855) which covers this material. Please contact me directly for additional detail if necessary.

"For more information about building ASK binaries and alternate ways of flashing images, see LS1012A ASK release note. LS1012A ASK release note is available only under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). To request access to this document, contact your local NXP field applications engineer or sales representative."

On a similar theme is there any way to get local support from NXP is the proper channel to only use this forum?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

andrei_skok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please update this thread when our Sales contact you so I can close this Issue on my side.

0 Kudos

andrei_skok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

An NDA is needed before we can supply this documentation, so someone from the ASK Software Marketing team will contact you via NXP Sales to further this discussion.

To the direct question:
> does the IKEv2 / ESP employ the on chip acceleration
Yes

0 Kudos

scottstratmoen
Contributor I

We signed NXP's NDA where the document is currently in effect. Perhaps forward your identifier, cited below, such that the appropriate party can determine if the document needs to be amended for the information in question.

NDA# 65855

0 Kudos

henry10210
Contributor II

Hi Scott, your question came up while I was searching for answers to my questions on the PFE.  I am on the FRWY-LS1012A board, but your questions got me curious.  The LS1012A ASK RN ASK 1.1 is downloadable from the NXP download site, and it seems to have the "instruction to generate the image" in section 6.1, step 8.  I am assuming this is not what you need, even though the build artifacts seem to include the Linux kernel, DTB, and the roots (jffss2).  Are you asking for some other ASK RN because this kernel (apparently) does NOT have the driver for the HW accelerated packet forwarding?  I've been diving into the deep end myself, dealing with the Ubuntu image generated for the FRWY-LS1012A.  Perhaps a "grass greener on the other side" at play here, but I was kicking myself for planning to do a proof of concept with the (3, no less) the FRWY-LS1012A boards.  My own fault for just assuming that a reference solution that is 2 years newer than the LS1012A-RDB would naturally have better drivers and more stable build.

Curious about your experience on the other side of the fence.

0 Kudos

scottstratmoen
Contributor I

I was unaware a version of the release notes would pop up on a web search... That said the document I found doesn't appear to cover the BHR ASK, at least not directly.

My frustration is that short conversation with a NXP applications engineer would at least get us pointed in the right direction, but there are multiple dimensions to the problem including ITAR and matters we consider proprietary as we move from an existing solution based on TI potentially towards NXP.

The package which appears to be best focused on our requirements is the broadband home router (BHR) kit given the inclusion of IPSec. That said how much of the BHR ASK implementation uses the hardware acceleration? One can infer some from the block diagram on the NXP web site, but I don't want to look stupid recommending moving forward internally if it isn't something that directly helps cut our development time.

I have the RDB board in hand, where I bypassed the FRWY card for two reasons. The older card is in the process of getting replaced though apparently the updated card is impossible to buy at this time. Second the ASK specifically cited the RDB board. Ultimately we need to implement our (custom) solution where either the RDB or FRWY is at best a reference design, thus using whatever is supported by the ASK is the path forward for us.

As you cited knowing what is accelerated shouldn't be a matter of flashing the binary code and trying to infer from measured performance if something is accelerated or not. Most (all?) of the documentation appears be behind a wall and I'm still struggling to get answers. I have an executed NDA, though I should push to make it bilateral though again that takes NXP to actually respond. An NDA that should cover simple questions. Short of giving up the source code telling the customer what are the detailed capabilities is not an unreasonable request.

0 Kudos

andrei_skok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please tell me if you have ASK license?

0 Kudos

scottstratmoen
Contributor I

I assume no answer means the release notes are only provided to a license holder?

We filled out the contact form for ASK package where my hope is that NXP sales will contact us, perhaps providing a proposed method of evaluating the software. 

0 Kudos

scottstratmoen
Contributor I

We do not. At this juncture we are attempting to evaluate the OpenWRT based package prior to purchase, where there is very little information available via the glossy sheet. Questions that are outstanding include what is the state of the software (e.g. outstanding issues, etc), does the IKEv2 / ESP employ the on chip acceleration, etc.

With respect to the latter comment above, our application requires minimal power given battery operation thus utilizing the hardware acceleration is critical to achieving our overall power goals.

0 Kudos