Recovering bricked FRWY-LS1012A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering bricked FRWY-LS1012A

zcchai
Contributor I

I recently purchased an FRWY-LS1012A, and connected it with a MAC only through USB debug/UART port. It works for a couple of times, I can see MBED pop up as a storage, and can connect through serial. However, I bricked it after I did reset a couple of times. Now even if I hold reset and connect, nothing will show up.

After I tried a couple of times, I found only if I connect both usb ports (USB3.0 and USB debug/UART port) the board can show up as a bootloader folder (with reset pressed), so I can copy the bootloader firmware into it. But the still the board can't boot up successfully, the green led keep blinking but no device being recognized by MAC OS or windows.

What can I do then?

BTW, why doesn't NXP ship the board with a working firmware?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The FRMY-LS1012a uses MK20DX128 processors for CMSIS-DAP interface. If there is no connection to CMSIS-DAP test connection to CMSIS-DAP using Windows.

Is there "mbed Serial Port" and "mbed" device if your board is connected to PC?

Download and install the latest serial driver for Windows:

https://os.mbed.com/handbook/Windows-serial-configuration#1-download-the-mbed-windows-serial-port

The FRWY-LS1012A contains preinstalled u-boot and Linux.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zcchai
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

No, there is no “mbed Serial Port” or “mbed” if I connect power and UART USB only, but it will show up if I connect both two USB ports. It is weird, I am wondering if there is some defects in my board.

How can I boot into Linux? There is no SD attached, so I can only see U-boot interface when if connect it through UART USB.

Thanks

Zhenchuan

0 Kudos