cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIE Endpoint DMA to host

aabitria
Contributor I

Hello,

We are planning on using a LS1088A-based system as a PCIe endpoint to a desktop/server host.  Is there a DMA module in LS1088A that can be used for endpoint-initiated DMA data access through PCIe bus?  If possible it should also be capable of burst transfers.  I'm checking on qDMA but it seems it is more on networking purposes, while we will not be using it and will be heavily relying on PCIe for data transfers.

If not, what can we use instead that is from NXP?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The qDMA is universal DMA engine of  LS1088A which can perform DMA transfers from memory to memory. So it can transfer data in-between local memory of a LS1088A based PCIe endpoint and a desktop/server host (PCIe Root Complex). Some LS1088A peripherals also have DMA to transfer data in-between peripheral and memory. May be it will be right for you if you need to transfer data from the LS1088A peripheral(s) to the host. Notice there are LS1043A and LS1046A devices in the QorIQ family which have eDMA with relatively simple program model.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aabitria
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply.  Where can I find further info on LS1088A qDMA like its reference manual or how to utilize it (for baremetal purposes)?  I've looked for and checked for it in LS1088ARM, LS1088ASECRM, and DPAA2 (Data Path DMA?) User Manuals but those documents just mentioned qDMA in passing and and were not really helpful.

Does LS1088A have a qDMA similar to that of LS1046A?

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I saw LS1088A qDMA in document named “LS1088A Family DPAA2 Low-Level Hardware Reference Manual” which is in preliminary state. Due to that it is not public. As I can see there is a noticeable difference between LS1046A qDMA and LS1088A qDMA.

0 Kudos

aabitria
Contributor I

I see.  I'd be interested to see that document if it details how to use the LS1088A qDMA in a generic way (independent of the networking function) as that of LS1046A.  Will that be released soon?

0 Kudos