cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LX2160A Arm Generic Timer modules

dmitri_lechtchinski
Contributor III

Hi,

I'd like to understand about the various Arm Generic Timer modules implemented in the LX2160A.

Is there a timer module per each core or each cluster?

Is "Global Generic Reference Timer" implementing additional timer modules on SoC level?

If I want to set up a timer which will fire an interrupt after a specific time, can I do it with any of these modules? Which interrupt ID will be assigned to each one then?

Also, how is virtualization supported for each one? (If I want to measure virtual machine time and get interrupt notification for it)

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dmitri

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

the ARM generic timer is implemented as a system generic counter in the SoC and a specific timer in each core or PE, please see attached document, figure below, If you cannot find it in the web then needs NDA before sharing. after that, customer can find more description of registers of the core registers in the  following document , for example: "ARM® Cortex®-A72 MPCore Processor Revision: r0p3". Also customer need then to read Chapter 7

Global Generic Reference Timer in our reference manual for the system  counter portion.

yipingwang_0-1656643386756.jpeg

0 Kudos