LS1043ARGW Getting started

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1043ARGW Getting started

kmnm
Contributor I

Hello, I'm a newbie trying out NXP products for the first time. Recently, I purchased the LS1043ARGW product and have been following the Getting Started guide. However, I'm facing issues with the "10 Booting LS1043ARGW" step, and I'm seeking assistance.

kmnm_1-1700442488436.png

https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/ls1043a-residential-gateway-reference-design:LS1043A-RGW

I followed the steps below:

1. Connect the serial console using the USB cable to the USB port on the PC.
  2. Connect the AC power cord from the chassis to the local main outlet to turn on the unit.
    • There is no power ON/OFF button on the unit. The power LED will blink and become solid green.

Despite following these steps, I don't see any messages on the console as indicated in "The board boots up, the console window (or the CodeWarrior IDE) shows the U-Boot messages as illustrated below."

My development environment is as follows:

• Ubuntu 18.04
  • PuTTY
    • Baud rate: 115200
    • Data bit: 8
    • Stop bit: 1
    • Parity: None
    • Flow control: None/XON,XOFF

Additionally, in "8 Prerequisites," it mentions, "3. Optionally, connect the CodeWarrior TAP to the LS1043ARGW. See Setting up CodeWarrior TAP for details." I'm curious if the CodeWarrior TAP is a necessary component to follow the Getting Started guide.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

After plugging USB cable to your host, please run "dmesg | grep ttyUSB" to check which port is used.

Then use putty to open /dev/ttyUSBx

0 Kudos