cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021a Standalone CPU Temperature Overheated

jiye
Contributor V

Hi,

I have a standalone ls1021 board and when I apply the power into the board, from the USB port the USB port isn't getting hot but the body of the whole board gets extremely hot

After 20 mins the boards get

pastedImage_1.png

Does any one know how to trouble shoot the temperature like check RCW lanes, shutdown all unused lanes or peripherals of the CPU, recompiling the kernel etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

I am using lsdk1906 and kernel 4.19 Ubuntu

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

How to interpret provided screenshot?

What is the temperature measurement point?

Was the temperature measurement circuit properly calibrated?

What does it mean "LS1021a Standalone" - which heatsink is attached to the processor?

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

(1) I just installed  lm-sensors into my board and perform command sensors it tells me the temperature whatever shows in the screen shot I provided

(2) I dont know where is the measurement point depends on the userspace ? as I performed that command from the userspace I really have no clue what it's based on.

(3) I attached the heatsink to the processor and the whole board "standalone" (contains ls1021a, eMMC, PCIe, USB3.0, DDR3L,PMIC .etc) still really hot. But the power port which I powered on the board from USB3.0 male connector it's not hot at all.

(4) What do you mean by circuit properly calibrated? do you know what I need to do to achieve this ?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is still not clear what exactly you are measuring and how this measurement is connected to the NXP product.

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

(1) Now I put a temperature probe insert into the heat sink which tells me 95 degree, is that more clear to you? what kind standard of measurements did you suggest?

(2)You still did not answer this question "temperature measurement circuit properly calibrated?", what do you mean by calibrated? I am using the same image as the EVA does, why do I need to calibrate?

Thanks

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You wrote:

> body of the whole board gets extremely hot

Which exactly components are hot?

Is the LS1021A operational?

Have you measured the LS1021A supply voltages? - What are they?

Which heatsink is used for the LS1021A? - Have performed thermal behaviour modelling for it?

2) You wrote:

> I am using the same image as the EVA does

What do you mean?

0 Kudos