I have a standalone ls1021 board and when I apply the power into the board, from the USB port the USB port isn't getting hot but the body of the whole board gets extremely hot
After 20 mins the boards get
Does any one know how to trouble shoot the temperature like check RCW lanes, shutdown all unused lanes or peripherals of the CPU, recompiling the kernel etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?
I am using lsdk1906 and kernel 4.19 Ubuntu
How to interpret provided screenshot?
What is the temperature measurement point?
Was the temperature measurement circuit properly calibrated?
What does it mean "LS1021a Standalone" - which heatsink is attached to the processor?
(1) I just installed lm-sensors into my board and perform command sensors it tells me the temperature whatever shows in the screen shot I provided
(2) I dont know where is the measurement point depends on the userspace ? as I performed that command from the userspace I really have no clue what it's based on.
(3) I attached the heatsink to the processor and the whole board "standalone" (contains ls1021a, eMMC, PCIe, USB3.0, DDR3L,PMIC .etc) still really hot. But the power port which I powered on the board from USB3.0 male connector it's not hot at all.
(4) What do you mean by circuit properly calibrated? do you know what I need to do to achieve this ?
(1) Now I put a temperature probe insert into the heat sink which tells me 95 degree, is that more clear to you? what kind standard of measurements did you suggest?
(2)You still did not answer this question "temperature measurement circuit properly calibrated?", what do you mean by calibrated? I am using the same image as the EVA does, why do I need to calibrate?
> body of the whole board gets extremely hot
Which exactly components are hot?
Is the LS1021A operational?
Have you measured the LS1021A supply voltages? - What are they?
Which heatsink is used for the LS1021A? - Have performed thermal behaviour modelling for it?
2) You wrote:
> I am using the same image as the EVA does
What do you mean?