How do I modify the LS1012A QSPI flash memory layout?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I modify the LS1012A QSPI flash memory layout?

timhammer
Contributor III

Is there any way to modify the placement of the U-Boot binary, U-Boot environment, and PPA FIT image in the QSPI? If we will never need the currently allocated amount of space for each item, I could shift everything down and have more memory for a small kernel/dtb/rootfs image, or use a smaller QSPI flash part.
I have looked through the PBL configuration documents I have found, but I do not see anything that indicates it is possible.

The PBI data used to create the PBL image does have a file uboot_address.rcw with commands to write some values:

write 0x570604, 0x40100000
write 0x57015c, 0x50100000
write 0x570600, 0x00000000

Based on the file name, I thought it might be what I was looking for, but the values do not make sense with either layout I have seen. Nor do the addresses to which the values are witten make much sense- according to the LS1012A reference manual (assuming these addresses are in the SCFG memory map), address 0x604 and 0x600 are in the scratch read/write registers, and 0x15c is the register for the QSPI clock source/enable/disable. Perhaps the PBL code uses these locations differently, but I have not found anything that helps me understand that. And I have found nothing about the PPA firmware location.

I appreciate any and all help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

See attached .its file. Change the address for loading.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos