cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRWY LS1046A QSPI Flash Programming

shivesh_sood
Contributor I

Hi,

We are trying to bring up the LS1046A FREEWAY board. We are trying to flash our baremetal code to the QSPI Flash (which we have successfully done many times on our LS1046ARDB). However after we reprogrammed the flash the same way as we used to with the ARDB, the data was not written to the QSPI Flash when viewed later through the memory dump. The memory dump shows all 0's in the QSPI Flash, and U-boot/RCW was wiped. 

What should be changed (e.g: LUT values) when programming the QSPI flash on FREEWAY LS1046A versus ARDB?

Thanks

Shivesh

@chitra_amzarewa 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please provide textual log of the problem SPI Flash programming operation.

You wrote:
> What should be changed (e.g: LUT values)

Which "LUT values" are in question?  

0 Kudos

shivesh_sood
Contributor I

Hi,

By LUT Values I meant Look Up Table commands required to configure QSPI Flash. 

We are now using SD card to boot and turns out we can read the QSPI Flash perfectly fine this way. That would mean that when setting CFG_RCW_SRC / SW1[1:9] on FRWY board to boot using Hardcoded RCW, QSPI Flash is not readable. We are not sure why this is the case.

Since our original RCW on the FRWY board flash was wiped, could you provide us with a binary version of the original RCW that is shipped with the FRWY board to flash so we can boot from QSPI Flash again?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please use pre-built composite firmware image available at:

https://lsdk.github.io/components.html

section LSDK IMAGES -> select 2004 in the drop-down list.

0 Kudos

shivesh_sood
Contributor I

Additional Update : We are now using cfg_rcw_src (SW1[1:9]) as Hardcoded RCW to boot, since our RCW in QSPI Flash is no longer allowing us to boot. We are unable to read the Manufacturer/Device ID details from the QSPI flash chip (returns all 0). Does the hardcoded RCW not enable interfacing with QSPI Flash?

0 Kudos