cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRWY LS10102a kernel defconfig

marco_lavena
Contributor I

Hi,
some months ago I bought one of your NXP Freeway Development Board which mounts an LS1012a. Following the Getting Started Guide (
Document Number: FRWY-LS1012AGSG Rev. 1, 05/2018) linked in the product website page, I downloaded all it is needed (i.e pre-built firmware_ls1012afrwy_uboot_qspiboot.img and flex_linux_arm64.itb) in order to obtain a BSP image as described in section 4.2.
In this way I generated a perfectly running
Ubuntu 16.04 rfs that I used for my project purpose.

Then, just few weeks ago I have been forced to rebuild a new BSP following steps in section 6 of same document since new dtb and kernel configuration have been necessary. Apparently, using last LSDK 19.03 Ubuntu 18.04 has been also needed, so I switched to the updated distro.

The results have been that I experienced a significant performance drop, so huge that the maximum source compiling optimization has been mandatory in order to properly run my code, otherwise serious and unsustainable lags affected the execution.

Actually I am investigating the source of this malfunction, and I ask you if it possible to have the kernel configuration used for the bre-built files downloaded as in the guide. I hope that comparing our configuration I could spot some clues.

Thanks for the support and best regards,
Marco

0 Kudos
1 Reply

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you followed the links from the second column of  Table 9 of
FRWY-LS1012AGSG, they point to NXP LSDK-1712 pre-built images.
Pre-built images are generated with LSDK default configs. The simplest
way to return to that LSDK version kernel and configs is just to
install it. Visit the main LSDK download page and switch to the "Previous"
tab:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=LAYERSCAPE-SDK

Install and build as described in the documentation:

https://nxp.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_LSDK_17.12/GUID-47B8F1F5-3A8F-45F4-A096-...

Have a great day,
Platon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos