cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy Between LS1043A Datasheet and Design Guide

abhinav
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a question pertaining to the LS1043A and LS10xxA family. The datasheet of this device lists +/-30mV as the recommended value for the rail on VDD. The design guide for supply filtering, however, lists the requirements as +50mV/-30mV. This is a significant difference at this tight of a spec so I was posting for clarification on which of these is correct, and whether the datasheet is referring solely to DC variation and does not include transients or not.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

andrei_skok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For positive transient response, it must be below Vdd + 50 mV (although it may exceed Vdd + 30 mV)
For negative transient response, it must be within Vdd - 30 mV.

The +50mv -30mv is total deviation due to thermal, di/dt of transients, base regulation and ripple from the regulator.

Have a great day,
Andrei

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos