Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting RCW Binary To Source

Jump to solution
SwimmerDude
Contributor II

Hello,

I am investigating if it is possible to convert an RCW binary back to source (.rcw). I'm familiar with the process of importing an RCW binary, editing the RCW, and then generating another binary using the PBL tool in CodeWarrior Development Studio for QorlQ LS series- ARM V8 ISA. I'm also familiar with editing the raw .rcw file.

We're wondering if it's possible to take a pre-composed binary and convert it to source for editing purposes? Possibly in the CodeWarrior tool or through other means? Thank you for any help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to the attachment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
serenamaya
Contributor I

can you give me a copy of the rcw  source file of ls1043a,

and how to compile pbl.bin with rcw? Thanks!

0 Kudos
ed_swarthout
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use the rcw.py reverse option.  See: https://github.com/nxp-qoriq/rcw/blob/master/rcw.py#L159

rcw.py --rcwi ls1028asi/ls1028a.rcwi -i RCW.bin -o RCW.rcw

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
stadium_aquino
Contributor IV

> You can use the rcw.py reverse option.  See: https://github.com/nxp-qoriq/rcw/blob/master/rcw.py#L159

Note that this only works with python 2 (although I don't know if you can use the rest of the tool with python 2; maybe you can go back to an earlier version). You need to use https://github.com/nxp-qoriq/rcw/pull/1 for python 3.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no tool to convert RCW .bin file to .rcw file.

You need to import .bin file to CodeWarrior IDE, then modify Properties panel according to your custom board, then regenerate .bin file with CodeWarrior.

0 Kudos
SwimmerDude
Contributor II

Hi @yipingwang,

Thanks for your reply. Okay in that case we've pinpointed we need a specific rcw source file. We are using Uboot 18.03, the LS1028ARDB, and we've determined the matching LSDK is 18.09. The ultimate goal is to obtain the rcw source files from this version for our board. I've found your flexbuild_lsdk18.09.tgz file from this post but flexbuild_lsdk1809/configs/board does not contain a folder for ls1028ardb. 

Would you happen to have a copy of the rcw source files for LSDK 18.09 for the LS1028ARDB? Or know where we could find a copy? Thank you for your continued help.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check whether the attached BSP is what you need.

0 Kudos
SwimmerDude
Contributor II

Hi @yipingwang,

Thanks that is very close to what we need. Would you happen to have a copy of flexbuild_ls1028a_bsp0.1.tgz? We believe that is the BSP needed for our purposes. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to the attachment.

0 Kudos
SwimmerDude
Contributor II

Thank you @yipingwang, this was the file we needed!

0 Kudos