mrybaizine
Contributor II

Closed

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

“flex-builder -i mkrfs” calls generate_distro_rfs function in tools/flex-builder without calling packages/apps/Makefile.

Actually there is no infinite loop, it works fine.

0 Kudos

mrybaizine
Contributor II

Open flex-builder ,  find build_distro_rfs_yocto() function   it is called by flex-builder -i mkrfs -r command and look  :

build_distro_rfs_yocto() function  calls  flex-builder -c apps -r yocto:$DISTROSCALE -a ${DESTARCH} -f $CONFIGLIST 

which will call the Makefile , The Makefile calls  (repo.mk)   build_dependent_rfs  which calls 

flex-builder -i mkrfs -r  which calls build_distro_rfs_yocto()  which calls  flex-builder -c apps -r yocto:$DISTROSCALE -a  

which will call the Makefile The Makefile calls  (repo.mk)   build_dependent_rfs  which calls 

flex-builder -i mkrfs -r  which calls build_distro_rfs_yocto() ..........I can continue if you still don't get it

Red calls Red  -> infinite recursion

If it is too complicated for you to understand then 

Try to include tsntool in yocto:tiny build.  It doesn't work  because the Makefile has that line (below) for tsntool

Replace the word  tiny with any word like tinyYW for instance . Now, flex-builder will build tsntooll for yocto:tiny and will go in the infinite LOOP

@[ $(DISTROTYPE) != ubuntu -a $(DISTROTYPE) != yocto -o $(DISTROSCALE) = mate -o $(DISTROSCALE) = tiny ] && exit || 

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The above comment came from the developer of flex-builder.

If your encounter any error to build yocto:tiny , please provide your error log.

0 Kudos