invalid activation code, the code was ok but is ng today

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid activation code, the code was ok but is ng today

zhaoliu
Contributor I

I have entred my avtivation code for free edition, but it shows "invalid activation code", why?

The code was send to my email. A few days ago, I copied it to the activate window and it was ok.

Today I reinstall windows7 and LPCXpresso IDE, after typing in the same code, it shows "invalid activation code".

Why?111111111111111.png

2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The serial number is based on a checksum of your hardware (and a bunch of other things), and so if your hardware changes it is possible that the serial number will no longer be valid. It is also quite possible that an OS reinstall will also trigger the requirement to go through the activation process again.

Thus I suspect that going through the activation process again will solve your problem : -Activating LPCXpresso Free Edition 

The other option here would be to investigate using MCUXpresso IDE, which has superseded the older LPCXpresso IDE product. MCUXpresso IDE Free Edition does not require activation in the way that LPCXpresso IDE does. For more details of MCUXpresso IDE, visit http://www.nxp.com/mcuxpresso/ide

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

zhaoliu
Contributor I

Thanks for your answer. I gone through the activation process again, and was given a new serial number and then a new activation code.

It is activated successfully. Thank you.

0 Kudos