cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target connection failure

prachipanse
Contributor III

Hi,

During debugging LPC1313 using LPC Link, I get the error that the"Target is marked as not debuggable". I have tried setting the vector catch option to True as recommended at: https://community.nxp.com/thread/389112 .

However, it doesn't still connect.

I get the below prints:

CM3/4 debug bus (DP 0x2BA01477 MemAP[0] 0x04770011) SWD connection failed - 'Nn(05). ACK Fault'
Vector catch on SYSRESETREQ signal
Debug bus check after stop (MemAP 0x4770011) FAILS - Em(02). MEM-AP is not selected.
connection failed - Ep(01). Target marked as not debuggable. - retrying
non-Cortex debug bus (DP 0xFFFFFFFF MemAP[0] 0x04770001) SWD connection failed - 'Nn(05). ACK Fault'
Vector catch on SYSRESETREQ signal
Debug bus check after stop (MemAP 0x4770001) FAILS - Em(02). MEM-AP is not selected.
Failed on connect: Ep(01). Target marked as not debuggable.
Connected&Reset. Was: NotConnected. DpID: 00000000. CpuID: 00000000. Info: <None>
Last stub error 0: OK
Last sticky error: 0x0 AIndex: 0
No debug bus (MemAp) selected
DAP Speed test unexecuted or failed
Debug protocol: SWD. RTCK: Disabled. Vector catch: Enabled.
(100) Target Connection Failed

Please suggest me what could be tried.

Thanks and Regards,

Prachi

6 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When you tried VECTRESET, did you also have the Vector catch configuration setting enabled? If so, remove it and retry. The Vector catch setting is unfortunately labeled. The debugger always enables reset vector catch. This setting simply drives the part through additional reset processing while attempting to establish a debug connection.

If you've successfully debugged this part in the past, what's changed? Is it possible you've inadvertently enabled CRP protection? Is it possible the board suffered static damage? Do you have another board to try?

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

prachipanse
Contributor III

Hi,

I have tried with VECTRESET with both vector catch reset set as true and false. I have checked that the CRP protection is disabled. With this however, without any other changes, the error "Target marked as not debuggable." is seen. 

Regards,

Prachi

0 Kudos

prachipanse
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your help. The issue doesn't seem to occur much when the Enable Code Read Protection and the Link Application to RAM options are disabled.

Thanks.

prachipanse
Contributor III

The debug circuit has been verified, since I have previously been able to properly connect to the microcontroller and debug. 

I have tried using the VECTRESET signal and also setting the Vector catch option to true. However with this also I get a similar error:

CM3/4 debug bus (DP 0x2BA01477 MemAP[0] 0x04770011) SWD connection failed - 'Nn(05). ACK Fault'
Vector catch on VECTRESET signal
Debug bus check after stop (MemAP 0x4770011) FAILS - Em(02). MEM-AP is not selected.
connection failed - Ep(01). Target marked as not debuggable. - retrying
non-Cortex debug bus (DP 0xFFFFFFFF MemAP[0] 0x04770001) SWD connection failed - 'Nn(05). ACK Fault'
Vector catch on VECTRESET signal
Debug bus check after stop (MemAP 0x4770001) FAILS - Em(02). MEM-AP is not selected.
Failed on connect: Ep(01). Target marked as not debuggable.
Connected&Reset. Was: NotConnected. DpID: 00000000. CpuID: 00000000. Info: <None>
Last stub error 0: OK
Last sticky error: 0x0 AIndex: 0
No debug bus (MemAp) selected
DAP Speed test unexecuted or failed
Debug protocol: SWD. RTCK: Disabled. Vector catch: Enabled.
(100) Target Connection Failed

What else can be tried?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You have no AP access to your target. If you still have trouble after you've checked your debug circuit, you can experiment using a core reset (VECTRESET signal) in place of system reset (SYSRESETREQ signal). See the "Reset Handling" setting in your Debug Configuration.

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

I have seen that error when connecting the jtag/swd connector the wrong way around. Otherwise, check your debug circuit

Design Considerations for Debug 

0 Kudos