Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for PN7462 on MAC

mariob
Contributor III

sorry, for double posting but i think i ended up in the wrong area before

Hi,

yesterday my OM27462CDK Board arrived. I tried to getting started on a Mac.

I encountered following problems:

In the downloadable SW an FW examples

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SW3683&location=null&Parent_nodeId=145914357455272222247...  

is only an „.exe“ file witch only works on a Windows machine.

To get this board working I installed the LPCXpresso IDE in a VM. I also run the „.exe“ file, installed the plugin and 

imported the Software examples.

Unfortunely I was not able to get the debug mode running.

The debugger is quitting with this message:

02: Failed on connect
Could not connect to core.
Emu(0): Connected&Reset. Was: NotConnected. DpID: 00630061. CpuID: 00000000. Info: <None>

On a second Window:

Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=1127 -g -mi -2 -pPN7462AU-C3-00 -vendor=NXP -ConnectScript=PN7xxxxx_Connect.scp -ResetScript=PN7xxxxx_Reset.scp -reset= -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -flash-driver=PN7xxxxx_158k.cfx
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.

Next thing i tried is to get the Mac version running by executing following steps:

• Copied the unzipped folders from Windows to Mac
  • Installed the plugin
  • Imported the example projects
  • Th next error message i got:
    flash driver file unreadable - '/Applications/lpcxpresso_8.2.2_650/lpcxpresso/bin/Flash/PN7xxxxx_158k.cfx'
  • I solved this by copying the missed file from the Windows version.
  • Now I got this error: 
    This MCU is not supported by the product (Failed on -p named Package (chip/board) lookup).

Now I hve no idea how i can get this board running.

Can anyone help me please?

0 Kudos
10 Replies

mirjanhajnc
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mario,

out of the description below, the Problem you have is caused because of the wrong Version of the LPCXpresso IDE.

In case you change LPCXpresso to the version v8.0.0, the problem should be resolved.

But I would suggest to download to the newest released version of the PN7462 FW v04.05.00, this version is tested with the newest LPCXpresso IDE and error should not appear anymore.

Kind Regards,

Mirjan.

0 Kudos

mariob
Contributor III

Hi Mirjan,

thanks for your help. As I mentioned i already found a way to fix my problem.

By the way I use the newest versions of Plugin and LPCXpresso.

Best Regards Mario

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The NFC Community can be found at : NFC 

Anyway at the general level, I would suggest that you try the following:

Ensure that the LPCXpresso IDE is not running

Check that there are no processes called crt_emu_* or redlinkserv* still running

Disconnect your board and debug probe (LPC-Link2 ?) from your PC, as well as any other non-essential USB device.

Double check the hardware connections and jumpers on your board. I would advise checking the documentation for your board here too.

Ensure that your debug probe is also connected to your target board correctly (in particular that pin 1 has the red strip on the cable next to it).

Now connect your LPC-Link2 to your PC again, and manually boot it as described at:

Booting LPC-Link2 

In particular, check in "Devices and Printers" that the booted probe appears correctly.

Now startup the IDE again and try starting a debug connection to your board from the Quickstart Panel - Debug option.

If you continue to see problems, please send us the Debug and gdb traces logs generated :

https://community.nxp.com/message/630852 

Note that with regards to your use of a VM on a Mac, a fair number of the LPCXpresso IDE team are actually Mac based, and use VMs for both development and testing work under Windows (as well as using real Windows machines). Generally we don't see any major problems with using VMs via a mixture of Parallels and VMware Fusion setups for debugging via USB, other than the occasional need to disconnect and then reconnect USB debug probes. We did see some issues historically with USB use on other VM platforms though.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

mariob
Contributor III

Hi Support Team,

I followed your instruction above. Below you find the debug output.

However I did some more tests to make sure everything on my Hardware setup is correct.

I connected my LPC-Link 2 linked to the OM27462CDK Board to a "real" Windows machine.

I could start debugging without any problems.

On two of my VM's I connected a LPCXpresso1769/CD OM13085 board.

Also no problems with this board.

Here is the debug Log:

LPCXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v8.2 (Sep  5 2016 10:12:38 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 725)

============= SCRIPT: PN7xxxxx_Connect.scp =============

Hardware interface transfer error

Wire not connected

Wire not connected

Wire not connected

============= END SCRIPT ===============================

Probe Firmware: LPC-LINK2 CMSIS-DAP V5.173 (NXP Semiconductors)

Serial Number:  JQD4BWMV

VID:PID:  1FC9:0090

USB Path: \\?\hid#vid_1fc9&pid_0090&mi_00#8&e8b5b46&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

connection failed - Ee(36). Could not connect to core. - retrying

Failed on connect: Ee(36). Could not connect to core.

Connected&Reset. Was: NotConnected. DpID: 00620034. CpuID: 00000000. Info: <None>

Last stub error 0: OK

Last sticky error: 0x0 AIndex: 0

No debug bus (MemAp) selected

DAP Speed test unexecuted or failed

Debug protocol: SWD. RTCK: Disabled. Vector catch: Disabled.

(100) Target Connection Failed

While i was trying different things I finally got it working.

The solution is to connect the LPC-Link2 manually to the virtual machine after the booting (DFU) mechanism.  

You have to wait for a couple of seconds after the USB device chances to "NXP Semiductor LPC-LINK2 CMSIS-DAP V5.173. If you connect immediately you every time end up with the Error above.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm afraid that you need to contact the NFC team for assistance on using their LPCXpresso IDE add-ons. We have no direct experience of using this add-on or their boards.

Note that if they don't supply the add-on with instructions for installing on a Mac, then this probably means that they don't support that platform. And you'll need to check what version of LPCXpresso IDE they have validated their add-on for too.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

mariob
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. 

Could you please tell my how to contact the NFC team?

Maybe you can help me to get this running on my Virtual machine?

There I got this message:

The debugger is quitting with this message:

Could not connect to core.
Emu(0): Connected&Reset. Was: NotConnected. DpID: 00630061. CpuID: 00000000. Info: <None>

On a second Window:

Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=1127 -g -mi -2 -pPN7462AU-C3-00 -vendor=NXP -ConnectScript=PN7xxxxx_Connect.scp -ResetScript=PN7xxxxx_Reset.scp -reset= -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -flash-driver=PN7xxxxx_158k.cfx
Error message from debugger back end:

Best Regards

0 Kudos

avt
Contributor III

You need to install the LPCXpresso plugin directly into your Mac LPCXpresso installation.

After the exe has installed (on Windows), in the installation directory you will find a file called com.nxp.pn7xxxxx.update-8.0.0-SNAPSHOT-155.zip, which is the plugin for LPCXpresso. The README.txt contains instructions for installing this plugin.

HTH

0 Kudos

mariob
Contributor III

Hi, thanks for your help.

As i wrote I i have already installed the plugin in the Mac version of LPCXpresso.

Here the my result:

Next thing i tried is to get the Mac version running by executing following steps:

• Copied the unzipped folders from Windows to Mac
  • Installed the plugin
  • Imported the example projects
  • Th next error message i got:
    flash driver file unreadable - '/Applications/lpcxpresso_8.2.2_650/lpcxpresso/bin/Flash/PN7xxxxx_158k.cfx'
  • I solved this by copying the missed file from the Windows version.
  • Now I got this error: 
    This MCU is not supported by the product (Failed on -p named Package (chip/board) lookup).

I also can not find the "PN74xxxx" in "Project Properties" --> "C/C++ Build" --> "MCU
Settings"

Where is my mistake?

0 Kudos

avt
Contributor III

I'm not sure if it says this in the release notes, but IIRC, on Mac, you must be running lpcxpresso as su for the plugin installation to work correctly. So try starting lpcxpresso using sudo (or su, I can't remember which). Just starting it is not sufficient. note that there is a script for running lpcxpresso.

0 Kudos

mariob
Contributor III

Thank you! 

The result is the same and still don't work.

0 Kudos